Introducing myself and looking for friends

Hi everyone! :)
I'm 20 yrs old and from California. I'm a college student, and I love to sing. Swimming is my favorite exercise. I've tried to lose weight before and was successful, but over time I gained it all back plus some. I am feeling determined to lose weight again and this time keep it off. My weaknesses are sweets and having other people around me eating junk food. My strengths are perseverance and not wanting to quit!
I want to get in shape for strength, health and happiness! I want to be stronger so that I can do things I can't do now. I want to improve my balance. I want to prevent diabetes and other illnesses. I want to improve my breath support for singing. I want to build up more confidence in my abilities and appearance. I want to be the best version of myself.

Feel free to introduce yourself too and add me as a friend. We can support and motivate each other. :)

Replies

• blue696
    blue696 Posts: 94 Member
    I am a 21 year old college student and would be happy to connect!
  • breezyfitness
    breezyfitness Posts: 49 Member
    Cool :)
  • rangerboy275
    rangerboy275 Posts: 2 Member
    I'm old as hell but would still like friends. Trying to figure this app thing out.
  • vegeta7328
    vegeta7328 Posts: 7 Member
    I always lose weight but gain it back!
  • cragglecat
    cragglecat Posts: 58 Member
    I'm another old grandad but also looking for new friends to support me as I try to lose weight.
  • benefitofmrmatt
    benefitofmrmatt Posts: 4 Member
    22 year old here, struggled with losing weight and am now really attempting to change that. Feel free to add me! =)
  • CristalSCarter
    CristalSCarter Posts: 28 Member
    I'm a 21 year old in college as well and I also make music but I'm a producer so I do ALOT of sitting which definitely doesn't exactly support a healthy life style. I still maintain my will power the most out of my whole family which doesn't have the best luck with health but I try to find substitutes for foods to keep away cravings. So far over the past couple years I've lost over 50 pounds. Appearance isn't everything but confidence can definitely start there!
  • sarah_buchan94
    sarah_buchan94 Posts: 7 Member
    Hey :smile: I'm a 21 year old student and in the same boat as you with losing weight and gaining it back. Really determined to get it right this time, add me if you like! :smiley:
  • varshah_mania
    varshah_mania Posts: 21 Member
    Hello I'm 25 and married... I need few pals here to stay accountable ... ;) Feel free to add me
  • sndpshukla
    sndpshukla Posts: 4 Member
    Hi, I am 25 and from India. Love to read, ride and roam (sometimes sketch and photography). I have lost and gained back the lost weight a few times :wink: this time willing lose it properly and commit for a healthy lifestyle here on. Any kind of motivation and tips are most welcome.

Looking for friends with similar goals and interests. :smiley:
  • breezyfitness
    Great! :) I'll add you guys!
  • breezyfitness
    Thanks
  • oliviahamann16
    oliviahamann16 Posts: 1 Member
    I'm a 17 year old who lost 38 pounds & would love to connect to keep that motivation flowing!
  • toritaylor276
    toritaylor276 Posts: 3 Member
    Hi, I'm Tori! I am a 26 year old living in Florida! My favorite exercise is also swimming. I don't like running, but I love runners high, so I run despite my hatred. LoL! I was in the Navy and got out to get my bachelors. I am just a few months from being done with my degree and I am ready to go back into the Navy. Just have to get this weight off and get back in shape. I am pretty new to this app but would love to make some new friends along my weight loss journey! :-)
  • tinker431
    tinker431 Posts: 4 Member
    I am a 68 year old grandmother trying to lose weight and keep it off. .i would like friends who understand the struggle that as you get older it's harder to get it off and keep it off. . I love to walk and hike little trails, but i can't run. I swim and work out, but i need a good motivator. .good luck to all
  • breezyfitness
    Added!
  • Train4Foodz
    Train4Foodz Posts: 4,298 Member
    Welcome to the community!! Wishing you all the best with all your goals!!

All the best,
    Adam
  • KiwiMellow
    KiwiMellow Posts: 154 Member
    Feel free to add! We have the same goal weight so it'd be fun to work together to reach it!
  • jdearolf
    jdearolf Posts: 8 Member
    Add away. Looking to stay accountable to my goals. Wish everyone the best in achieving theirs!
  • bialormar
    bialormar Posts: 9 Member
    Hi, I'm always here for support :)
    I'm hoping everyone of you reaches your goals, the end result is totally worth it!