When to weigh yourself

Options
2»

Replies

• ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    dmpolansky wrote: »
    How often do you weigh yourself? Also, do you weigh yourself the minute your feet hit the ground in the morning or right before bedtime?

Everyday when I get out of the shower in the morning. Do it whenever/however you want. Whatever works for you. I posted a very long post about this awhile back but it wasn't about detoxes or fad diets so it didn't get much interest.
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning before eating breakfast. I log the lowest weight of the week into MFP, on Tuesday or Wednesday . I weighed a pound less this morning than my last logged weight but I will not record it in MFP until next week. I do not want to give the impression that I lost a pound in 48 hours to any friends who might see and make unrealistic comparisons.
  • Oldbitcollector
    Oldbitcollector Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Two or three times a week depending on how many times I hit the gym where the scale I use is.
  • moribunny
    moribunny Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily in the morning after I've used the bathroom, but I only log my weight if I've lost.
  • ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    1. Get out of bed
    2. Pee
    3. Weigh
    4. Feed the cat (who is surprised and upset EVERY SINGLE DAY that #4 isn't #2)

That's what I do. You should weigh yourself when you feel like it. :)

In my house, item 4 is item 2.

Your item 2 is my 3. Weigh is item 4, every day. It's interesting to see what happens day by day.

• ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    shell1005 wrote: »
    Ok. I was weighing myself both in the morning & at night. There were some fluctuations. So, does everyone record their weight on here daily?

Of course there are going to be fluctuations between one's weight first thing in the morning and at night time. I'm not sure why people do this to themselves.

I weigh once weekly....same bat time, same bat channel.

I never thought of it but it may be an interesting study to weigh first thing in the morning and then last thing at night. ducy?
  • Kimegatron
    Kimegatron Posts: 772 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I weigh myself every day, after I've had a poo, and before I eat anything. I don't weigh myself if I had a few boozes the night before. I hadn't logged my weight since the 3 weeks that I've started this, because we are doing a "Biggest Loser" competition on my team at work. Our work scale is way more high tech than mine at home, so I didn't want inconsistencies. But in 3 weeks, 5lbs down and lost 1.2% body fat!
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I weight everyday, first thing in the morning (after going pee). I log my friday's weight on here.
    Friday's are my official weigh in days, but I log my weight everyday on a diary I have on another forum, and also in my "Happy Scale" app, which shows the trending weight loss.
  • fearnsey71
    fearnsey71 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Every day, log once a week wether I've been lighter at some point in the week or not. I do mine after using the loo and before anything else.
  • fearnsey71
    fearnsey71 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    spatulamom wrote: »
    Kalikel wrote: »

Ha! This exactly (right down to the cat - my little one seems to think he should be eating at 4 AM lately, though.)

I had this problem with my cat. I started feeding her about 15 minutes later each night and now she gets fed at half six and doesn't bother us until half six the next morning. That or she gets thrown out.
  • Kazzsjourney2
    Kazzsjourney2 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Everyday soon as I am up and have been to the toilet. Its best to do it the same time of day each day or week for consistency, some people weighing daily it will mess with their head too much...so you do have to accept that its just a number and be more focused on keep a eye on the trend
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning and naked -keeps it consistent. I weigh myself daily because helps keep me on track but I don't fret over minor fluctuations. I watch overall trend. I log my weight weekly, occasionally more often.
  • daniellepstewart209
    daniellepstewart209 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I've started to weigh myself daily and record the weight (not here) I only record my weight every Tuesday morning regardless of what it says, after using the bathroom. Only used to weigh every month, noticed I was not really loosing (in between counting cals and not!) so went back to weekly. Wanted to see my fluctuations out of curiosity so have a look every day but don't register them. :)
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I weigh every sat morn. After the bathroom. It was making me too depressed obsessed weighing daily.
  • SaffronSunrise
    SaffronSunrise Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I weigh at the gym, after work at least every 2 weeks, usually the same day I take my measurements. I don't have a scale at home so I use the old school scale at the gym at work...you know, the one with the sliding weights? I look forward to the day when I don't have to slide that big weight over to the "200" notch.
  • isulo_kura
    isulo_kura Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I weigh at every full moon at 2;03 am standing on one leg while focusing my Shakra
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Pee, strip, weigh. :D Daily!
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »
    shell1005 wrote: »
    Ok. I was weighing myself both in the morning & at night. There were some fluctuations. So, does everyone record their weight on here daily?

Of course there are going to be fluctuations between one's weight first thing in the morning and at night time. I'm not sure why people do this to themselves.

I weigh once weekly....same bat time, same bat channel.

I never thought of it but it may be an interesting study to weigh first thing in the morning and then last thing at night. ducy?

I'm anywhere from half a pound heavier to two pounds heavier at night.
  • doylejohnpaul787
    doylejohnpaul787 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have been weighing myself daily every day for the last ten weeks and recording it. Not once has the 10-day running average recorded a rise in weight, so I don't find it depressing at all. The day-to-day numbers go up and down but the trend is only downwards.