myfitnesspal / fitbit questions

Options
Curious if I record my workout activity on my fitness pal AND my fitbit is synced as well, does it record double the activity?

Replies

• majigurl
    majigurl Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I don't record my workouts :/ I think if you are lifting you can, but if you are doing cardio it does it. Will be like putting it in twice. I read somewhere that you weren't suppose to :/
  • RiverCameron
    RiverCameron Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Yes, it does. I just learned I could link mine yesterday, after I'd logged a workout in both and once linked both places saw it as two different workouts.
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Anything logged on MFP overrides your FitBit burn for that time.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Curious if I record my workout activity on my fitness pal AND my fitbit is synced as well, does it record double the activity?

No need to log any step-based activity—your Fitbit is tracking it for you. Log non-step exercise (like swimming or biking) either in Fitbit (that's what I do) or in MFP—never both. If you want your Fitbit stats to appear in your newsfeed, post a status update.

You can learn more in the Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users
  • anothermop
    anothermop Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    If I enter something manually, I just make sure to enter the time so it consumes the "Fitbit calorie adjustment" calories burned.
  • tacotaco123
    tacotaco123 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ok great, thank you everyone
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    majigurl wrote: »
    I don't record my workouts :/ I think if you are lifting you can, but if you are doing cardio it does it. Will be like putting it in twice. I read somewhere that you weren't suppose to :/

@majigurl - While there is no need to log step based activities, like walking and running, when you manually log an activity (cardio or lifting..doesn't matter) it will overwrite what Fitbit thought you burned for that time period. For this reason it's important to enter the correct start and duration. If you have a HR model, then there really is no need to log anything other than activities where you actually have to take your Fitbit off (like swimming).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8duevx9y9TY&feature=youtu.be
  • hippytee
    hippytee Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Only been using my Fitbit for 2 days half battery gone already supposed to last at least 4 months , it's the Zip model anyone know reasons why, can I recharge or do I have to get a new battery ?
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    hippytee wrote: »
    Only been using my Fitbit for 2 days half battery gone already supposed to last at least 4 months , it's the Zip model anyone know reasons why, can I recharge or do I have to get a new battery ?

http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/My-Zip-s-battery-is-draining-quickly
    The Zip's battery should last 6 months with regular use. If your Zip is showing a low battery icon within the first month of use, this is often resolved by updating your Zip.

The link includes instructions.