If you wouldn't say it to me....

AnaNotBanana
AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
edited September 27 in Motivation and Support
I want everyone to stop and think this the next time you want to speak negatively to yourself. Would I say that to one of MFP friends or my best friend why am I saying it to myself. If I gained three pounds would you call me fat? If I finished last at a 5K race would you tell me I'm a loser? Do you think it would help motivate me if you constantly told me I couldn't do something because I was too weak, fat, pathetic? Of course not! Then why would it work if you said those things to yourself?!?!?! I know what it's like to be in a spot where you are frustrated or disappointed in yourself. But making yourself feel worse about it is NOT going to make it better. Realize you got off track for a bit and get back on track. There is no mistakes, just lessons to be learned.

Replies

• baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Preach it!
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    well said! i think there are a ton of people here, myself included, that could use this approach - it's so easy to be supportive of everyone and everything but yourself and your own aspirations...

great post!
  • teelt13
    teelt13 Posts: 100 Member
    *Like* Well said!
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    :bigsmile: Amen sister!!! Preaching to the choir!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • HappyathomeMN
    HappyathomeMN Posts: 498 Member
    Very nice!! That is an EXCELLENT way to look at it. Thanks
  • Angie80281
    Angie80281 Posts: 444 Member
    Great advice, I love it!
  • arotella
    arotella Posts: 98 Member
    Very true!
  • drasr
    drasr Posts: 181
    Adversity brings the best in some and worst in others. So it depends from person to person.

If someone tells me i am a loser, i would try my best to beat them at their game.
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Great post !!!!!!!:smile:
  • 20kg_to_go
    20kg_to_go Posts: 3 Member
    completely agree!! =) If you have a bad moment/day/week, you can just get right back in the race! You hd a moment of weakness? Oh well, we all do and it's a part of being human - doesn't mean that you've 'failed'! =)
    Well said!! +)
  • sunshine__angel
    sunshine__angel Posts: 366 Member
    I totally agree!! Very well said! :)
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Very very true! Thank you for sharing this...it could benefit a tonne of people (including myself) :flowerforyou:
  • giammarcor
    giammarcor Posts: 217 Member
    Bravo!
  • Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Like!
  • Jeepinmom4
    Jeepinmom4 Posts: 298 Member
    Love it! And for the record I'd LOVE to be in a 5k! I wouldn't care if I was last or not! :) at least YOU DID IT!!!
This discussion has been closed.