Body Reset Diet

Options
Do any people have experience with this? http://www.harleypasternak.com/index.php/body-reset-diet/

Is it a good way to kickstart healthy eating? I was skeptical by the title as it sounds like a fad diet. But I've read some good things about it. As I've researched it, it does sound like a good way to start healthy eating/living.

People who have done it, what are the pros and cons?

Replies

• isulo_kura
    isulo_kura Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Do any people have experience with this? http://www.harleypasternak.com/index.php/body-reset-diet/

Is it a good way to kickstart healthy eating? I was skeptical by the title as it sounds like a fad diet. But I've read some good things about it. As I've researched it, it does sound like a good way to start healthy eating/living.

Did you actually read the blurb on the link?

The Body Reset Diet is so simple yet so effective that you’ll immediately lose weight no matter how many times you’ve failed in the past. And you won’t boomerang back either. You’ll transition smoothly into a sustainable, nutrient-rich meal plan that keeps your metabolism primed to burn fat all day long—without ever setting foot in a gym!
    Hilarious but utter nonsense
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    It is not necessary to do that kind of diet, but it might be helpful if you want some structure / guidelines.
    Good luck with it if you choose to go that way.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    Pointless.
  • Ioras88
    Ioras88 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    If you really can't change your diet completely right away, try replacing one meal at a time with a healthy meal. That works as well.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options

No need to kick start anything. Eat less (number one) and move more (number two), and make sure you eat at a calorie deficit and you will lose weight.
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    No need to overcomplicate things. The only kick start you need is getting used to tracking your food. MFP does that for free. Figure out your calorie target, track what you eat, adjust accordingly
  • damionnurse
    damionnurse Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the constructive feedback/suggestions. I'm trying to take everything in and figure everything out.

I know I don't make the best choices when it comes to food, and for health reasons I need to start being more careful (blood pressure creeping up and my doctor's recommendation is to lose 20 lbs).

I find that short term success with some things helps me get inspired to keep going. Since the body reset diet is only a short term thing, I thought maybe that would help my motivation by seeing some success. But there has been good feedback on what I should be doing for true long term success.
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    The feed back is short term and long term. You really do have to look at them as one thing. I won't say in the beginning I didn't need the help of the occasional slim fast shake to compensate for when I failed to pack a lunch but signing up for any diet plan is going to make long term success harder even if it gives short term results. Use your time and money to plan out a low calorie diet that you can live with. Buy a few low cal nutrient rich supplement shakes as emergency back up for when you don't feel like cooking. Its time to screw your courage to the sticking place and drop the crutches. You have a little one on the way. If there was ever a time to learn to plan ahead today is definitely that day.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the constructive feedback/suggestions. I'm trying to take everything in and figure everything out.

I know I don't make the best choices when it comes to food, and for health reasons I need to start being more careful (blood pressure creeping up and my doctor's recommendation is to lose 20 lbs).

I find that short term success with some things helps me get inspired to keep going. Since the body reset diet is only a short term thing, I thought maybe that would help my motivation by seeing some success. But there has been good feedback on what I should be doing for true long term success.

You can focus on short term without those faddy plans: Eat well today. Get some exercise today. Feel good. Repeat tomorrow. Feel good tomorrow.
    And so on :smile:
  • KariLaMotte
    KariLaMotte Posts: 1 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    I'm going to throw in a slightly different point of view myself - I actually found the BRD smoothie recipes to be tastier than the usual variety, and more filling. From a "kickstart" perspective, especially as a single working mom, I just need one more thing off my plate when it comes to figuring out what to eat each week. This is dead easy to shop and plan for and yes, I lost 10 lbs (of probably water weight) in that first short time period. Long term, you still have to change patterns and reprogram your mind to think differently about food/fuel. But, I personally found the book/s helpful and worthwhile. Each to his own! :)

Will also note that I agree it's not a long term strategy. I only see it as a good "kickstart" to take one thing off your mind as you figure things out. :smile: