new gym need papers

Options
I just joined a new gym and I don't see a place where they keep sheets to record reps/equipment use etc. Is there a good online place to print a sheet to keep a record while at the gym. Does Gold's have a place to put these records like planet fitness? thank you

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Are you not able to remember the amount of sets and reps you've done?
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    can't you write it in a book/notepad and keep it with you like most people do??
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I just joined a new gym and I don't see a place where they keep sheets to record reps/equipment use etc. Is there a good online place to print a sheet to keep a record while at the gym. Does Gold's have a place to put these records like planet fitness? thank you

I'm sure if you ask at the front desk, the staff would know where they are kept.

Also, the bodyspace app for Iphone can keep track of exercise.
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I just have a notebook with some circuits of weight and bodyweight workouts scribbled in so I don't forget anything. right now, I try to do ten of each. I'm new to lifting heavy, so some moves, I don't make the full ten. one day, I'll convert it over to an excel spreadsheet, but for now, the notebook works just fine. :)
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    Well Isaack I don't know about the OP but my sets/reps/weight sometimes varies from exercise to exercise. Some exercises I can do three sets...some two...some only 1. My reps vary a bit also. Keeping a log helps me to see if those weaker areas are improving.

OP...there are several sites that offer workout logs. I would suggest doing a image search on "workout logs" and see if you can find one that you like. I sometimes just make one of my own.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    can't you write it in a book/notepad and keep it with you like most people do??

Can't she do it the way she wants...or does she have to be like most people?

How you log your exercise is an individual preference. For myself...I love writing in little boxes. I just have never felt the need to have to be like most post...call me a rebel I guess.

A book...notepad...log sheet...app...scrape piece of paper...palm of your hand...in your head...or not at all...individual preference.

• KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Google 'Free Printable Exercise Log'. Lots of options and hopefully something that meets you needs.
  • Bacchants
    Bacchants Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I use one from exrx.net, though I dodn't take it round the gym with me, I keep it in my gym bag and tally up when I'm done. exrx.net/WeightTraining/WorkoutLogs.html
  • Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Are you not able to remember the amount of sets and reps you've done?

Able, probably, but why bother? Regardless, I like to keep track of sets/reps/weights in a log, especially for a progressive lifting program.

OP, I just use an old fashioned notebook in which I drew up columns for each exercise (e.g. squat, bench press, etc), and the rows are each workout. You can either google a pre-made or make your own table, either in word processing software or using pen and paper.
  • ClarityPeace
    ClarityPeace Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much you guys are terrific .. ps. my brain is such that if you try & make me remember sets/reps/weights in there you might cause an implosion!
  • whatatime2befit
    whatatime2befit Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I lift different weight for different lifts, and there are different sets/reps for the different lifts. No way could I remember how I did from day to day, so I created my own spreadsheet which I print off, one for each month. I keep them so I can go back and see how I'm progressing. Tried an app to do it, but didn't like it as much asy paper and pen :smile:
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Composition book. They are like fifty cents.