Ready for balance

2»

Replies

• skiextrm
    skiextrm Posts: 144 Member
    skiextrm wrote: »
    kathiakara wrote: »
    Number one on my balance agenda getting back to practicing healthy habits. I need to loose weight and increase healthy foods and stop the 0 nutrition carbs.

Sorry about that! I have no skill at replying! Healthy habits means looking at what changes you can reasonably make to start. Are you talking about 0 nutrition carbs as chips, fries, nachos, or what? If so, there are whole grain alternatives, veggie based substitutes, or plain old abstinence or portion control. Add in crunchy vegetables, spices, fruits, moderate portions, and occasional controlled treats. Also, consider adding some friends here whose efforts will motivate you! You can be successful!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,053 Member
    Orphia wrote: »
    you can eat whatever you want as long as you eat less calories than you burn.
    Very simple and plain and works like a charm

Just weigh all your food on a food scale ( dont go by cups and spoons or serving sizes) and log it. Try to eat around your calorie allowance and lose weight...

...Kathiakara, there's no need to be eating kale if you don't like it, since it tastes like wet paper...

Tell that to the woodchucks :(

• MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Carbs are awesome if you do cardio.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Eat some other veggies ( green beans, romaine, cucumbers, okra, sprouts, broccoli, yellow squash) because they will help you feel better and help you snack less.
    Eat enough fats and oils too.
  • kathiakara
    kathiakara Posts: 17 Member
    Number one on my balance agenda getting back to practicing healthy habits. I need to loose weight and increase healthy foods and stop the 0 nutrition carbs.

Sorry about that! I have no skill at replying! Healthy habits means looking at what changes you can reasonably make to start. Are you talking about 0 nutrition carbs as chips, fries, nachos, or what? If so, there are whole grain alternatives, veggie based substitutes, or plain old abstinence or portion control. Add in crunchy vegetables, spices, fruits, moderate portions, and occasional controlled treats. Also, consider adding some friends here whose efforts will motivate you! You can be successful!

I think I do a good job with lots of veggies but yeah I also do chips, fries, pizza, Chinese food. That kinda stuff. Abstinence is the way to go for me. Thanks for you help.
  • kathiakara
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Orphia wrote: »
    you can eat whatever you want as long as you eat less calories than you burn.
    Very simple and plain and works like a charm

Just weigh all your food on a food scale ( dont go by cups and spoons or serving sizes) and log it. Try to eat around your calorie allowance and lose weight...

...Kathiakara, there's no need to be eating kale if you don't like it, since it tastes like wet paper...

Tell that to the woodchucks :(

Lol:) I make lots of chicken soup, which I love and always add in kale. Sometimes I add it to my salad but besides that I don't really know what else to do with it. I tried making chips in the oven but I didn't like that.
  • kathiakara

I love carbs! What type of carbs do you eat? I need to make an effort to eat healthier carbs. I guess I just love the food I grew up on, I love rice, potatoes, pasta, those are my healthier carb choices.
  • kathiakara
    RodaRose wrote: »
    Eat some other veggies ( green beans, romaine, cucumbers, okra, sprouts, broccoli, yellow squash) because they will help you feel better and help you snack less.
    Eat enough fats and oils too.

I eat nuts and veggies but I probably need to increase my intake of these. I hadn't thought about how these choices would help me snack less. Thanks for the suggestion.
  • kathiakara

I love carbs! What type of carbs do you eat? I need to make an effort to eat healthier carbs. I guess I just love the food I grew up on, I love rice, potatoes, pasta, those are my healthier carb choices.

I've been getting back into bike riding. I'm up to 10 miles which is great for me but it's the winters where I loose my motivation.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    0 nutrional value carbs is what I meant. Which I feel I eat way too much.

No such thing

Carbs are...by definition...a macronutrient.
  • kathiakara
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    0 nutrional value carbs is what I meant. Which I feel I eat way too much.

No such thing

Carbs are...by definition...a macronutrient.

Thanks for the clarification.