Help-Cravings

Options
EmilyDezo
EmilyDezo Posts: 55 Member
I crave chocolate. Not sweets...chocolate specifically. Can you help with what I may be low in mineral wise (obviously chocolate isn't essential to your body) or give me ideas that you've used to curb your cravings.

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Chromium would be the mineral but it far more likely that you just want some chocolate.

Could you keep enough calories back to have a couple of squares a day?
  • Vune
    Vune Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate every day. Right now, I have a bowl of powdered peanut butter reconsituted with coconut milk topped with sliced bananas, walnuts, two toasted marshmallows, and a tablespoon of miniature chocolate chips. The minis are great because you can stretch that tablespoon into every bite. I'll also mash a banana with a tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder and throw it in the freezer for an hour before I eat it.

E. Duarte? Are you Evita???
  • LolaKarwowski
    LolaKarwowski Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I also eat chocolate everyday. There's no way I would stick to this life style if I deprived myself of the thing I love most. What I do though is eat protein chocolate bars. I wouldn't say they are "good" for you.. but they taste awesome and will help you at least hit your macro goals (if you have any). If not, just eat chocolate and make it fit in your day.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Chocolate may not be essential for your body, but your sanity is.

Eat the chocolate.
  • cristydaisylove
    cristydaisylove Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    When I am not watching what I eat, any sweet screams my name. Especially in the evenings. I detoxed from sugar - had a headache for 3 days and even felt a little nauseous - but I'm not tempted by sweetness now. It's awesome to feel like I have control. Some evenings, for a good for me snack, I eat 1/2 a cup cottage cheese with a tablespoon of cocoa powder and a little artificial sweeter. Tastes like cheesecake. Good luck.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    When I am not watching what I eat, any sweet screams my name. Especially in the evenings. I detoxed from sugar - had a headache for 3 days and even felt a little nauseous - but I'm not tempted by sweetness now. It's awesome to feel like I have control. Some evenings, for a good for me snack, I eat 1/2 a cup cottage cheese with a tablespoon of cocoa powder and a little artificial sweeter. Tastes like cheesecake. Good luck.

Is sugar a toxin?
  • JossVanWey
    JossVanWey Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I thought dark chocolate is good for our bodies... I wouldn't know, I don't eat it. :smile: Maybe a bit of it would satisfy your craving for chocolate?
  • christabelle66
    christabelle66 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I am realistic with myself-- I love chocolate and if I don't include a little in my diet, I will go off the rails at some point and eat crazy amounts of it. I add a tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa nibs to my daily smoothie and allow myself one really delicious dessert a weekend. Keeps my sugar intake low but is still maintainable.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Do you eat fresh fruit?
  • cristydaisylove
    cristydaisylove Posts: 22 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I eat fresh fruit now. It doesnt send me off the tracks like other sugars. It's weird - I used to never tell that milk was sweet - but if I drink it now, I can taste the sweet. Someone told me to just have 1 chocolate if I want it - I told him that that's like telling an alcoholic to have just one beer. To everyone, that might not be the case, but that's how it affects me.
  • Linzon
    Linzon Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I eat dark chocolate (70-85% cocoa) most days, just a piece or two. The Lindt bars are quite flat and if you just nibble at a square it can last for a long time!