Help Motivate Me

Options
Hi everyone. I am almost 40 and need to lose 100 pounds to be at my goal weight. I am about to move to the beach and need to drop some weight so I don't look ridiculous in a bathing suit, but find it rough to WANT to workout. Any ideas for fun activities?

Replies

• Zelda1223
    Zelda1223 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Walking is probably the best thing. A day towndown walking through the stores or to the farmers market or a little walk in the forest is always fun and relaxing. Yoga is also my favorite when i dont feel like going outside or doing to much, but still want to do something ;) you can do it!
  • muncymissy
    muncymissy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Housewalking is something I do a lot. I have health issues and trouble exercising. I will walk for 10 minutes at a time in front of the tv, do jumping Jacks for 30 seconds at a time with me kids, squats, arm circles, stretching. A good thing to do is pick 5 exercises you enjoy. Write them down and keep them near a space you can exercise. Just do 10 reps at a time. Move as much as you can.
  • intruhvurt
    intruhvurt Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You don't need to exercise to lose weight, just eat at a calorie deficit.
  • Zelda1223
    Zelda1223 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    If you make small changes in your diet, you can loose a lot a weight without necesseraly counting on exercising. Its always helpfull to exercise but i know how hard it is. You should start by cutting all red meat because they have a LOT of fat and are really unhealthy for the heart. You should stick to 1 meal with 1 portion of with meat per day if you can. Eat veggies, bean, lentils, chickpeas, etc and all those plant base food for the other meals. They are relly good at keeping you full without the fat that youll find in meat and dairy. For exemple lentils have 62g of protein and 22g of fiber and only 1.5 g of fat per cup. This is what you want to look for. Not nevessary counting calories so much than giving your bosy healthy food. And if you can, reduce or cut dairy. That will make so much difference!