Having a hard time sticking with it this time around!!!!

so I'm currently on day 3 and I'm doing pretty good! My problem is just sticking with it. What are some motivational tools or steps that helps you?? I have lost 40 pounds before so I know I can do it, my goal is to lose 19! Any advice or tips would be great :)

Replies

• melissaf0405
    melissaf0405 Posts: 67 Member
    I too haven fallen off track (more than once) my advice is to take it one day at a time forget yesterday focus on today and take it one day at a time. Being healthy is a lifestyle we have to work at.
  • cragglecat
    cragglecat Posts: 58 Member
    I've lost weight and put it back on again too. Trying once again to shed some pounds. Some stuff I read recently has suggested focusing on small goals with some specific targets rather than "I want to lose 40 lbs" have goals like "I want to stay under my calorie target for 3 days" or "I will exercise twice this week". I'm no expert on this stuff but it's what I'm trying at the moment - focussing on short term behavioural change rather than daunting big targets.
  • socialdchic
    socialdchic Posts: 170 Member
    Stay busy, remember all the work you have done and you do not want to undo that work or have to redo it. It takes almost a month to build a habit, it is really hard at first but if you can make it over that hump it becomes much easier, in the meantime stay busy, avoid eating out and maybe look up some fun healthy things to cook or find some new exercises.

Zumba helped me a lot, especially at first because the time goes by way faster and its fun. There are also a ton of youtube videos that are good too as far as exercising goes (try Hasfit or fitnessblender)

Allow yourself to have a cheat day but do it no more than once a week and do not go overboard, maybe even do it for just a meal.

Make sure you get enough sleep and drink enough water, those are both super important.