BBQ

Options
I was wondering if anyone knows any good, healthy bbq recipes that I can use for my birthday party this year. I don't have a whole lot of money to spend on the party, but I want to make it the best and healthiest bbq party ever! Anyone have any good recipes that they'd like to share? :) Thanks!

Replies

• misssmiles
    misssmiles Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    i love chicken breasts grilled and then served with a mango salsa!! Also last night i had thinnly sliced cucumbers with a light balsamic vinegar dressing... DELICIOUS! Hummus and baby carrots always are a hit!
  • tdjones00
    tdjones00 Posts: 68
    Options
    Depending on the people that you are having fish is always good, but with the holiday around the corner chicken should be on sale. Salads are always good with an italian dressing. Making small changes like using brown rice for pilaf and plenty of fruits and veggies are good to have on hand.
  • lfcutie
    lfcutie Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    veggie and chicken kabobs....u use less meat and you can use any veggies you want i use less pricey onions bell peppers and mushrooms....good luck
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    Are you talking about bbq sauce? Try this http://www.dlife.com/diabetes/diabetic-recipes/Homemade-Low-Carb-BBQ-Sauce/r2872291.html

If you are talking about stuff to grill, hmm. Kabobs Chicken or lean steak with pearl onion, zucchini, squash, cherry tomatos and/or yellow-red-green bell peppers, add a little Nature's seasoning blend, salt, pepper, and parsley. That's the best!
  • SkullingtonJ
    Options
    Awesome! Thank you all! I will put these ideas to use. I was thinking about doing some kabobs too, but wasn't sure what kind to make. I only have like $150 to spend on food, so I will try and put these great ideas to the table for my bbq party. ^.^ Thanks!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    I hosted 2 BBQ's this past weekend, served a total of 11 people and it cost me less than $40!

I bought President's Choice Blue Menu Angus Burgers, some Lick's burgers that were on sale for $3.33 for those not watching cals, black beans, tomatos, avocado for my black bean south western salad, strawberries, watermelon, lettuce, dip, chicken hot dogs, broccoli, baby carrots plus all the buns.
  • SkullingtonJ
    Options
    That is totally awesome. I'll have to watch out for stuff like that :) Thanks!