Alcohol

Options
I have been doing really good on my diet and exercise program for over a week. I have cut out all soda and havent drank anything but water at all. Tonight I am going out with some friends and plan on drinking. I am going to be sure to workout today so I can burn some calories before I go but what are some low cal drinks I can drink? I normally drink Vodka. My favorite is a double vodka cranberry and pineapple . I would love some help please.

Replies

• elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    hard liquor with diet soda it usually pretty good (usually close to 70 cal) or if they have it have them use sugar free cranberry juice
  • lisy28
    lisy28 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Vodka lime (wedge) and soda i believe it is 67 cals ber shot

thats what i drink :)
  • tdjones00
    tdjones00 Posts: 68
    Options
    Try the skinny girl margarita. The one at Applebee's is only 100 calories and really good.
  • misssmiles
    misssmiles Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    i like flavored vodka with sprite zero.. that way i'm only getting calories from the vodka.. but my true love is BEER!! i definitly plan ahead and workout HARD when i'm going to be drinking beer. Bloody Mary's are GREAT as well!!
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    vodka and sugar free redbull.
    vodka and diet coke.
    or straight shots.

mgd 64, select 55 for beer.
  • KChristie976
    KChristie976 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone..... these are helpful. When you say soda I assume you mean something like sprite probably?
  • KChristie976
    Options
    LOL good thing do not like beer.
  • jesstorious
    Options
    Skinny ***** - Vodka & Diet Coke/Pepsi
    Skinny Pirate - Captain Morgan & Diet Coke

I also like Vodka with club soda and lime.
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    cherry vodka and diet coke.
  • jdel2230
    jdel2230 Posts: 1
    Options
    Sprite has a lot of sugar in it, you want to stay away from sugar...

So stay w/ the Zero sodas and Diet sodas
  • papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    white wine spritzers are nice with soda water
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    yep, vodka is probably the best of the bunch. as someone mentioned, lime, and soda works well. or just get an expensive vodka like Grey Goose, and put it on ice.
  • KChristie976
    Options
    vodka and sugar free redbull.
    vodka and diet coke.
    or straight shots.

mgd 64, select 55 for beer.

How many calories is a shot of vodka in general. I normally drink Stoli. I do like taking shots but need something to sip on so i dont get in too much trouble lol.
  • katt742
    katt742 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone..... these are helpful. When you say soda I assume you mean something like sprite probably?

Soda water.
  • Dcgfeller
    Dcgfeller Posts: 83
    Options
    the super light beers have less calories because they also have significantly less alcohol in them. If that's OK with you and you like beer, then go for it.

Really, I think on a "per unit of alcohol" scale, a normal light beer (bud light, miller, etc) has pretty close to the same calorie count as a shot of vodka. (a 1.5oz shot of vodka is 1/8 the size of a 12 oz beer, but it also has ~8 times more alcohol per unit volume assumin it is 80proof....~5% for beer, ~40% for vodka)

Basically, if you drink hard alcohol avoid mixing it with anything that has calories or you are likely better off drinking beer.

Edit: noticed you said you do not like beer, but what others are saying still applies..don't be mixin' your booz with anything other than very low to 0 calorie mixers like water, soda water, or a diet cola (which some people would tell you to avoid for entirely different reasons haha)
  • thkelly
    thkelly Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Vodka lime (wedge) and soda i believe it is 67 cals ber shot

thats what i drink :)

i drink this but with plain water. i usually make singles in a tall glass with lots of ice so it's cold. using a higher end vodka helps too.
  • emh009
    emh009 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Vodka usually has about 65 calories to a shot. Your best bet is vodka and diet so you only get calories from the vodka. The "soda" people are referring to is just soda water, so it doesn't add any calories. You can also do vodka with soda water and a splash of cranberry with a lime, so you get some of those same flavors but without all those calories and sugar!
  • KChristie976
    Options
    the super light beers have less calories because they also have significantly less alcohol in them. If that's OK with you and you like beer, then go for it.

Really, I think on a "per unit of alcohol" scale, a normal light beer (bud light, miller, etc) has pretty close to the same calorie count as a shot of vodka. (a 1.5oz shot of vodka is 1/8 the size of a 12 oz beer, but it also has ~8 times more alcohol per unit volume assumin it is 80proof....~5% for beer, ~40% for vodka)

Basically, if you drink hard alcohol avoid mixing it with anything that has calories or you are likely better off drinking beer.
    \

Thanks for the info! :)
  • KChristie976
    Options
    I have honestly never had soda water. How does it taste? Sounds kind of yucky lol. When I ask for it just say soda water?
  • thkelly
    thkelly Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    There's a search button. Use it.

Weights and Cardio should ideally be on two seperate days. Otherwise, weights first. Then cardio.
    Going over on protein won't hurt your weight loss if you're under on your overall cals.
    If you don't like drinking water, drink it anyways, your body needs it to function.
    If you shop at GNC you're getting ripped off.
    If you're taking Shakeology, you're getting ripped off.

i see you got tired of answering the same questions over and over. LOL