Too Hungry ....Too fast

Options
I AM SO HUNGRY. It's my first day and I am trying to not eat too much. Right now I stay home due to kids being out for the summer so I'm not getting a lot of excercise. I just want to find foods that will sustain me...

Replies

• ldalvarado
    ldalvarado Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Drink plenty of water. If you drink a glass a water and 15 minutes later you are still hungry, then eat something like a little string cheese and a couple of crackers. Also try chewing gum or brushing your teeth.
  • williamwj2014
    williamwj2014 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    What'd you eat? Eat food high in protein..such as chicken/tuna It's also going to take you a while to adjust to eating less but just hang in there. Diet is the most important thing so don't worry about exercising right now.
  • grza36
    grza36 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You're probably used to operating on like 150% of the calories you need to maintain a healthy weight, it's gonna take a little while for you to get used to operating on a little over half that. Eat protein rich foods to stay fuller for longer, but the fact of the matter is that being hungry is something you will have to adapt to until you and your body grow accustomed to eating fewer calories. The first few weeks are tough, but if you stick to it it gets easier.
  • Zelda1223
    Zelda1223 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I have been there too! You should not have to restrict yourself. If you are hungry, eat some fruits or veggies. So when its time for the main meal, youll be full faster. Also look for food with a lot a protein but low in fat. You should look for plant base food. Beans, lentils, chickpeas are the key for you. For example, lentils have 62g of protein, 22g of fiber and only 1.5 g of fat per cup. That will sustain you!
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Make sure your weight loss goals aren't too aggressive. Start with a goal of losing 0.5 or 1 pound a week and see how things go.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    I find eating more fats prevents me from getting hungry as fast as say cereal for breakfast.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    Exercise does not have to be anything formal...just activities that keep you moving.

Be creative with them...play hop scotch...throw/kick a ball...dance videos...tag...just all that stuff that kids need to be doing.

If they are older...get them to do one of the workout videos with you.

Take them to a play ground...go hiking with them...
  • hutchin88
    hutchin88 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Try adding protein, especially to breakfast. I have a boiled or scrambled egg plus a small cup of oats with blueberries and walnuts plus coffee. Try limiting sugar, simple carbs and starches, for most people that triggers hunger. Be sure to be active. For me walking seems to suppress cravings. Be sure to drink water.

You'll have to experiment with what works for you to reduce calories while keeping you relatively not hungry. It takes a week or two for your body to adjust, but believe me it gets waaay easier!!
  • hutchin88
    hutchin88 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Also be sure to load up on green veggies! Sometimes I feel like I'm going to turn into a zucchini, but it really works. I go thru those big clamshell boxes of lettuce like crazy. And your skin will thank you :smile:
  • southerngal80
    southerngal80 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!!
  • Carimele2002
    Carimele2002 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am having the same issue! Soooo hungry! I'm gonna drink some water and go to bed. At least i know I'm not alone! We can do it!