Alcohol

Options
2»

Replies

• Dcgfeller
    Dcgfeller Posts: 83
    Options
    Hmm, I am seeing the 67 calorie shots of vodka..I must be getting my info from a different source. I was under the impression that a 1.5oz shot had 95ish calories. (perhaps you guys are referring to a 1 oz shot?)
  • thkelly
    thkelly Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I have honestly never had soda water. How does it taste? Sounds kind of yucky lol. When I ask for it just say soda water?

i don't know if it's different in the states, but up here there's tonic water and club soda so i'm not sure which one 'soda water' is.
    both of them have a different kind of taste which takes getting used to. that's why i just use plain water. be careful though if you're drinking them in a highball glass. you can drink 4 or 5 or 8 very quickly before the vodka bomb even goes off and you go from sober to hammered before you even know it.
  • thkelly
    thkelly Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I am seeing the 67 calorie shots of vodka..I must be getting my info from a different source. I was under the impression that a 1.5oz shot had 95ish calories. (perhaps you guys are referring to a 1 oz shot?)

isn't a 'shot' generally considered to be 1 oz?
  • KChristie976
    KChristie976 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I have honestly never had soda water. How does it taste? Sounds kind of yucky lol. When I ask for it just say soda water?

i don't know if it's different in the states, but up here there's tonic water and club soda so i'm not sure which one 'soda water' is.
    both of them have a different kind of taste which takes getting used to. that's why i just use plain water. be careful though if you're drinking them in a highball glass. you can drink 4 or 5 or 8 very quickly before the vodka bomb even goes off and you go from sober to hammered before you even know it.

LOL I def dont want to do that!! I still am going to have to get up and workout the next day lol

Does anyone know if soda water is tonic water or club soda?
  • KChristie976
    KChristie976 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Alright well I'm getting off so I can head to the gym. Thanks for all the info and i would love to hear some more. You have all been very helpful.
  • Dcgfeller
    Dcgfeller Posts: 83
    Options
    not that yahoo answers is the best source in the world, but it looks like the "standard" shot glass is 1.5 oz, but I suppose that not everyone would fill them to the brim.

edit: a "jigger" is a standard shot size comparable to 1.5 oz.

I have always just used 1.5 because it is easier to make the 8x comparison with beer that I pointed out earlier.
  • crazymama2two
    crazymama2two Posts: 867
    Options
    just drink it and enjoy. this is your life.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    cherry vodka and diet coke.

Ooh, that sounds good!

My favorite is what I call the Malibu Mist - a jigger of Malibu coconut rum and Diet Sierra Mist. Yum!
  • Piddy47
    Piddy47 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I was is the same dilema and although I don't drink pop, I will do a diet soda with vodka when I am making a choice to drink which is every other weekend. You are going to get the calories from any form of alcohol, so it's better to just stick with a diet soda of some sort and save yourself any extra calories.

I never thought I'd count calories before, but the one thing I don't want to give up is a weekend night of drinking with friends if there is an occasion...I'm out to prove to my friends that you can be healthy and diet without completely cutting out drinking and still lose weight!

I have managed to lose weight even after giving myself a night of drinking vodka and diet cokes...I just try to work a little harder the few days following.
  • tabbydog
    tabbydog Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Tonic water is not zero calorie, it has sugar in it. Club soda has no sugar, only bubbles.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Most distilled liquors are carb free and since they usually have the highest alcohol content you can get the same "result" by drinking less, so these mixed with a calorie free mixer is going to be fairly low calorie. But it should be noted that liquor is the least healthy alcohol you can drink (harder on your gut).

Bud Select 55 and MGD 64 are low calorie, lower carb beers, if you don't mind watery beer.
  • CmGoode
    CmGoode Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Tonic water is not zero calorie, it has sugar in it. Club soda has no sugar, only bubbles.

I use either club soda or diet tonic. I thought I was safe with regular tonic, but then I looked at the label. My drink of choice is vodka tonic.
  • kitigonkukoo
    kitigonkukoo Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone..... these are helpful. When you say soda I assume you mean something like sprite probably?

not sure if someone hit this one yet- but just in case , soda is actually soda water, i.e club soda.

I particularly can't stand the stuff.

My choices are:

Vodka & sugar free redbul (I get doubles, so only 1/2 a can per drink, and I don't have a lot of drinks :smile: )
    Vodka & Sprite Zero (great for home, but no where in bars where I live here in Orlando)
    Vodka, spash of water and a few lemons or limes. (a good sipper, and pretty much just vodka calories)