Counting it as an NSV!!

Options
dcain2
dcain2 Posts: 102 Member
I have not been able to get the scale to move down as fast as I would like. I see so many people on MFP that have lost alot of weight in a short period of time---I would love to be one of those people, but I am not!! I work out alot and log my food but it hasn't made the scale move any faster--it's going down but at a snail's pace! :angry:

This morning at work one of my co-workers who I don't get to see very often came up to me and said, "What have you been doing? You look like you have lost about 25 lbs and I need to be doing whatever you are doing because you look awesome!" She made me so happy I almost started to cry! :blushing:

So to the scale that makes me wanna scream once a week--TAKE THAT!!

Replies

• Flocker1979
    Flocker1979 Posts: 96
    Options
    :drinker: :flowerforyou: :smile: :happy: YAY!
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • MartiJJohnston
    Options
    You're obviously turning your fat into muscle (and you know muscle weighs a LOT more)... So the scale isn't moving but you're toning up and trimming down. Tell your scale to TAKE A HIKE!! And hug your co-worker. :) GREAT NSV!!!
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Fabulous!!!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Sue :smile: x
  • niki30
    niki30 Posts: 40
    Options
    Woo! Chin up, you doing something right!
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    You are probably losing inches. That is what I did in the beginning. I lost very little weight but was losing inches pretty fast. The number finally came down. But congrats on your accomplishments so far. Keep it up!
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    AWESOME NSV!

Whoot! :drinker:
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    You're obviously turning your fat into muscle (and you know muscle weighs a LOT more)... So the scale isn't moving but you're toning up and trimming down. Tell your scale to TAKE A HIKE!! And hug your co-worker. :) GREAT NSV!!!

Muscle does NOT weigh more than fat. It is more DENSE therefore, taking up less space! A pound is a pound no matter what it is.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're losing inches which is the only thing that really matters! Weight is a number on the scale, feeling great and being healthy is SO much better!
  • lovecola06
    lovecola06 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    sorry to chime in, but what does NSV mean? ;-)
  • ptpatty
    ptpatty Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    That is sooooo much cooler than a number on a dumb scale! I share your fixation with that number, though. Congratulations on your progress.
  • laurasnyder411
    laurasnyder411 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!
  • CraftyGirl4
    CraftyGirl4 Posts: 571 Member
    Options

NSV = Non Scale Victory
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options

Muscle does NOT weigh more than fat. It is more DENSE therefore, taking up less space! A pound is a pound no matter what it is.

semantics

I'm sure she knew exactly what she meant. Your statement is like saying nothing weighs more than anything else. Like saying lead weighs the same as marshmallows. Everyone knows lb is a lb, but 1lb of marshmallows is a hell of a lot bigger than 1lb of lead!
  • bovbjerg
    bovbjerg Posts: 172 Member
    Options

Non-scale Victory - which this one is awesome! Congrats!!!
  • NuttyBrewnette
    NuttyBrewnette Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Congratulations.

I'm so glad I took some measurements previously, because my scale has been stuck for a very long time. It can be too frustrating to focus only on that. While the number on the scale did not move, I have gone down 2 sizes, and a bunch of inches (can't recall exactly how many right now). TWO SIZES in pants! that feels great.

And, I continue to remind myself that every step, every weight lifted, every work out is making me healthier and stronger. Even if the scale does not budge. Otherwise, I'd get frustrated and give up......the scale is stupid, and it's only one part of living a healthier life.

Congrats on other people noticing your hard work...keep it up!
  • redfroggie
    redfroggie Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Congrats, definately an NSV moment!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Cool! That's really great! Maybe you need to get your scale checked.
  • fitmom4ever
    fitmom4ever Posts: 130
    Options
    Yay!!!!! :drinker:

I am so happy for you! :bigsmile:

You have been working so hard and doing so well and deserve to receive compliments like that every day. Keep up the fabulous effort that you've been putting in, forget the darn scale, and I am sure you will continue to see some awesome improvements! :flowerforyou:
  • oxoxcarole
    oxoxcarole Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    :wink: yeahhhhhhh
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!