NSV!

Options
ChantalD75
ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
:bigsmile: So my kids have been watching me battle with my weight for many many years now... and my oldest son, 14, who is very much into sports has seen me doing my workouts or going for walks and just trying to stay active. He has now started to jog at night. I am so proud of him. Normally in summers he vegs in front of the TV or plays video games. I am so happy to see him try to better himself and stay active so he doesn't fall into my footsteps with his weight. My middle one who is very into video games is now seeing me and his brother try to be active and I find that he is trying more, as he is on the chubbier side. I am so happy!!! Maybe one day I will be able to go jogging with my kids!! I will get there!!!!

Replies

• Dancinblind
    Dancinblind Posts: 26
    Options
    Way to go!! How awesome is it to see our kids try and follow in our footsetps in a positive manner with excercise and eating right? My two (13 year old son and 10 year old daughter) have recently joined me. My daughter will ride her bike on my evening jog and my son will jog along side me. They are even begining to understand the healthier foods in the house now and why some of the junk food is not getting bought. Keep up the great work!!
  • shanndaro
    shanndaro Posts: 8
    Options
    you can do it. Seem like you have done well so far.
  • Cam_
    Cam_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Excellent life lesson for the kids. Way to go! I have a teenage couch potato myself. Hopefully I can inspire him.
  • ladybugz_247
    ladybugz_247 Posts: 120
    Options
    Same here I have a 16 year old daughter that I take to the gym with me when she had no classes. she is on the cross country team so she's my running buddy =) and when we get home we walk our dogs for a mile and take my 15 and 7 year old for the walk.. getting everyone off to a healthy start. It makes me happy to know that they are staying healthy.. now If I can just get their love for chips out of their system =) have a great weekend everyone!
    Wendy
  • annadilynn
    annadilynn Posts: 84
    Options
    SEE, your an inspiration to your kids....THATS AWESOME!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!