New Here

Options
I am new here and have yet to start any excercise or eating correctly. I need more motivation and feel like I don't have time to work out and am STARVING all the time. I have a huge sugar craving all the time and don't know how to stop it. I hope that joining this site will motivate me. The before and after pictures are amazing and I want that to be me also!
Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks for reading!

Replies

• Slayer66
    Slayer66 Posts: 265
    Options
    Welcome, GL to you. If I can cut out the coke classic, then trust me anything is possible =)
  • widmar
    widmar Posts: 72
    Options
    Hopefully feeling accountable will make me try harder. I"ve done it before. I have about 35lbs to lose. It's just hard to take that first step. I feel like I don't have the time or energy to work out. That is ironic because I know I will have more energy and feel a lot better if I do. :)
  • Pixie7210
    Pixie7210 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Welcome from Australia. I was drinking atleast 1.25litre coke cola everyday, I was adicted. I was really hard to give up but I feel better for it. I found it easier to slowly give things up or replace them with something healthy.
  • widmar
    Options
    Thanks.. I have a weakness for chocolate and lots of it. LOL
  • Tallcurls
    Tallcurls Posts: 17
    Options
    HI HI! I'm new here too, but I can empathize with you; I LOVE chocolate too!

Have you thought about trying to allow your love for chocolate/sweets be your end of day treat/reward? Plan your day to allow your treat at the end, and enjoy it!
    I just bought my first box of Skinny Cow Peanut Butter Chocolate ice cream sandwiches. They're huge and they're 150 calories! YUM! There are other flavors as well.

I use the MFP App on my iPod, so my calorie count is always with me, and I know when/what/how much all the time...they offer it for many mobile devices as well; maybe that will help you too?

Also, have you tried eating 5-6 small meals a day to alleviate the hunger pangs? If you plan/track them, you're more likely to be successful.

Do you drink enough water? I only ask, because I kind of had a bad day yesterday, but I realized that my carb/sweet craving could have been because I didn't drink ANY water...I'm not 100% about it; it's merely a personal realization/theory...so do with it what you will.

There are my three cents...best wishes!
  • pandaeye
    pandaeye Posts: 126
    Options
    definitely a chocoholic also but have tried to resist (good days and bad). every time i feel peckish i reach for a glass of water and that fills me right up and stops the craving. its hard work but the people on here are amazing and very supportive. good luck on your MFP journey :smile:
  • widmar
    Options
    @ Tallcurls.. thanks. Never though of saving it for a treat at the end of the day. That is a good idea. Something to look forward to.
    @ pandaeye.. thanks for resonding and the good luck wishes.
    I wish you both the best also. Thanks for the support.
  • Lets_Do_It
    Lets_Do_It Posts: 202
    Options
    Instead of drinking sodas- drink water. I know what you're think "This person's crazy!!!" Well, I have been drinking 3 sodas (diet, classic, pepsi, etc) a days since I was 6 years old, to be honest I have no idea how I have no teeth issues :huh: .... Well, I quit them, I just looked in the mirror one day and said "I'm better than this" and I quit them, and Oh god, was it hard! But, it gets easier, I quit them cold turkey and then eased back on them- I drink diet ones on saturday and sundays, only during dinner, not to just drink while watching tv. But I only drink them on those days if I hadn't drank any that week. I now drink 8 8 oz glasses or bottles of water. I do not excersise as much as I used to when I began this- but I eat healtier portions and I stop myself if I feel i ate too much. cutting out sodas alone has made me lose 5 lbs in the begining.

:) Good Luck.
  • sandt604
    sandt604 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am also new on here but I began my journey 20 days ago when I stopped smoking so I can exercise. I also lacked motivation and kept putting it off till I weight what I do now and it is to late BUT I found motivation when I became a grandma for the 1st time and realized how hard it was to play with her. SO find something that will motivate you and I thought the exercise would be hard its not bad when you are done u will feel great and that alone is motivation for me. now I am exercising every day and it doesn't take long get in a routine and it will become natural to you!! good luck on your journey!! And pull as much motivation from here and your friends I find it helpfull to let out a big hell ya while I am doing it to let myself know I feel great!!!!
  • widmar
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for their advice. I really appreciate it. My goal is to wear a bikini this summer at some point an not be disgusted when looking into the mirror! LOL I am at about 155 (5'4") and would like to be back at 120-125. I looked and felt really healthy when I was that weight.