Looking for new friends!

Options
nmn2
nmn2 Posts: 123 Member
I'm not new to mfp but I had fallen off the wagon very far from it but I'm recommitting myself and would love some new friends and support who are going through the same!

A little about me!

I'm a 31 year old mom of 3.....they're 5, 4 and 6 months old. I stay at home with them and run a small business out of my home as well. Currently I'm the biggest I've ever been 214 lbs this morning :neutral: I'm an expert excuse maker when it comes to exercise and diet. I'm very busy, I'm not a lazy person, I'm active with my kids and honestly feel good physically and I use all that as excuses to not work out and lose the needed pounds. The real problem comes when I see photos of myself. I feel disgusted....I hate the way I look! I've had low self esteem my entire life believing I was fat from a very young age even though I wasn't until somewhere in my twenties. If I only believed that I wasn't fat at the time!! I had zero role models or positive influences growing up and I still struggle with my upbringing. I don't have much support now either. My husband means well but he's very overweight too and I can't seem to get him on board.

My number one goal is to raise my children better! Especially my girls! I never want them to feel like I do! I was raised by a very obese mother and most of my memories are take out, fried food and her doing every weight loss trick in the book while talking about exercise and healthy food like they were dirty words, a chore that was a bad thing. She eventually when I was an adult had a gastric bypass and is still pretty overweight. For this and many other reasons our relationship is rocky.

The one thing I feel like I'm doing right is I only speak positively about myself in front of my kids (inside my head is a different story). We often talk about healthy foods and the fun ways we can exercise, we are very active. It's not a bad thing to them and I won't let it become one!

I could go on and on but the point is I'd love some new friends, mom friends, friends who have succeeded or are trying to succeed like me! I hope you'll friend me!

Replies

• kg047
    kg047 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hello. Feel free to add me. I am on this journey to lose a bit of weight. You are probably doing more than one thing right. If you would like to talk offline, I am available.

All the best,
    Wanda
  • kdawn55
    kdawn55 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, sounds to me like you have some really valuable experiences in your life case (bag that carries our life experiences) That will direct your education tools with your children. Looking at "fat photos" can be positive if the story you attach to them makes you feel comfortable. What other ways can you comment to yourself when you view these pictures so they become another tool in your experiential life case. As you know our body image is determined by others especially from childhood. You can't change the past or predict your future, however you can enjoy and learn from these times. Accept what has been, find learning in every challenge.
    You are a great role model for your children, and others.
    My journey is similar, and continues, though my goal now is to be healthy as opposed to thin.
    Enjoy your journey, stay in the moment and always learn from yourself. You are a great teacher!
    Whaea
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm a mom to 3 young kids myself - 5, 3 and 2. Sending a friend request. :)
  • mschrenker
    mschrenker Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 38 with 2 girls ages 7 & 10. I started on here about 2 months ago at 209lbs and it was slow at first but I'm finally starting to loose consistently. Made it under 200! I'm always looking for more motivation along the way.
    What type of business do you have?
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me. I'm a mom to 3 boys and work a part time job. I'm trying to lose the last 49 pounds to reach my goal weight. I workout at home with Walk Away The Pounds dvds, my hand weights, my elliptical and my job keeps me on my feet because I work at a cleaning business.
  • JamCanAndWill
    JamCanAndWill Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Add me if you want :)
  • nmn2
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm looking forward to getting to know my new friends!
  • nmn2
    Options
    mschrenker wrote: »
    What type of business do you have?

I suppose you could call me a seamstress (although my skills are modest) I taught myself to sew and machine embroider and I sell my things on Etsy and Ebay in order to make ends meet to stay home with my kids.
  • N_Laplante
    N_Laplante Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom of 3 too. Feel free to add me. I'm currently looking to lose 40lbs.