Olive oil...is it good for you?

Is it good for constipation?...I eat more than 25 gm of fiber...so please don't discuss fiber..water... or exercise with me

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,047 Member
    Not having enough fat in your diet can certainly make you constipated. Olive oil is a good way to get more fat.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Yes. It can help. Any oil will do that.
  • judykayl
    judykayl Posts: 8 Member
    Ok....but my cholesterol is on borderline of being high (genetics)...I wander if olive oil can make it higher?
  • judykayl
    judykayl wrote: »
    Ok....but my cholesterol is on borderline of being high (genetics)...I wander if olive oil can make it higher?

• kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,979 Member
    Olive oil is good for cholesterol. .
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Abdomen massage, tablespoon of oil...I'm good to go.
  • Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    No olive oil will not make your cholesterol high. It is one of the healthiest oils and probably the best tasting all round oil, once you get over the initial taste. Always go for the best though - extra virgin cold pressed becuase its the yummiest.

I have constipation issues too becuase I take an antidepressant. NOte that soluble fibre is better for constipation than insoluble fibre. Another cause of constipation is untreated low thyroid function.

And you don't really need to worry about eating fat too much. Low fat dieting is not a great way to go becuase its not easy to sustain. Better eating moderate fat. Its eating a lot of food that is the problem with cholesterol.

• judykayl
    Ok....thanks for the info....
  • judykayl
    Thank you...
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Coffee imo