Insanity workout

Options
Hi

I am just about to start Insanity for the first time and I was wondering if anyone had any tips or if there are support groups on here?

I have heard it's extremely hard and I don't know if I will be able to do it without a little support and to see how others are getting on/have got on with it.

Also, I have been on a low calorie diet but I imagine I am going to have to eat more to keep up with the exercises and eating more is worrying me.

Any help/advice would be great

Replies

• rumijs
    rumijs Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if there is a group specifically for Insanity but there is one dedicated to Beachbody. I've done Insanity and I loved it. My biggest problem with the program, for me, was that it was very hard to incorporate other workout routines with it (because of the time requirement and energy dedication), so I strayed away from the exact regimen a lot so that I could fit in routines I really liked -- such as weight training (to make up for the lack of upper body work with Insanity) and running.

Also, the first time I attempted (not finished) the program, I did make it to month 2 Beta, but soon found that my body wasn't anywhere ready for the increased intensity. So I redid month 1 Alpha. That's my best advice. If you need to, repeat weeks until you're ready to move on. You're not losing any benefits by doing so.
  • louiseyates1
    louiseyates1 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm just starting it for the second time (the first time I stopped after 3 weeks as I found out I was pregnant. Add me if you like..

Few pointers (I'm a big girl now 218lbs) and will be substituting some of the moves such as the high jumps with high knees, and I struggle with push ups to begin with so I use my knees on the floor. Last time I lost 3 stone in 3 weeks and toned at the same time. I'd be a lot heavier now if I hadn't done that before finding out I was pregnant!

As for eating there is a guide with the boxset. I, however, would grab some fruit (a banana and an apple) and have my vitamin drink or a shot of wheatgrass.

Good Luck!
    Lou
  • anyadyke
    anyadyke Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have done it and it's amazing. I'll be restarting it again as with age you find out your endurance falls. Doing the insanity over 2 months increases your cardio endurance. Then you can have a break of a week after the 2 months and build a new program incorporating some of the exercises into your regime as its importance to keep your endurance while doing other stuff like weights, running, etc
  • amr32r
    amr32r Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Im on week two of insanity .its tough but push thru and do what you can ...you can add me if you want..
  • mzthang77
    mzthang77 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am at the end of week 5. Starting month 2 on Monday. Kinda scared but excited. Its a great workout. My only advice is do as much as you can and then modify(which is what I do). I do feel like I have increased my endurance. The first few days was rough but just keep on pushing through and it will get easier!
  • chrisssam
    chrisssam Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    going to start my 2nd. round of insanity max 30...great workouts. add me if you like
  • melbob1
    melbob1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey

Thanks everyone for your comments. I did the fit test today - gaaaaah I thought I was going to pass out. I'm so keen now to see what I can do but I'm so worried I will just give up. It's good to hear from people doing it/finished it.

Thanks again!
  • RCorredor
    RCorredor Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I took the fit test yesterday, and today was my first actual Insanity work-out. My legs feel like jello. Gotta stay strong.
  • KenziesFrenzies
    KenziesFrenzies Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    I "started" it again last night with the Power Cardio DVD.. And totally made it through the whole thing. (Which is not a common occurrence here..)

I don't really do the entire regimen, though, I just throw them in when I feel like getting my butt kicked.

I'm also one of those people who sucks at sticking to a concrete workout routine, I HAVE to mix it up. I love to weight train, I'm starting to like running, drop in at Zumba every once in a while.. So Insanity for me is maybe a once or twice a week ordeal.
    (I know if I wanted to get better at it, I'd commit to more... but I also pay like $44 a month for a gym membership that would be pretty wasted if I fully converted to all-Insanity-all-the-time.)
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing Insanity Max:30. But I have tried Insanity before as well. My one piece of advice is to modify if you are having trouble with something. Sometimes when I'm so tired and moves come up that I can't quite do, my first instinct is to just stop and catch my breath. But I feel so much better when I just move into a modified version of that exercise and just keep going. I tend to switch back and forth from normal to modified.

Good luck.
  • shmyrs
    shmyrs Posts: 22 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I just started insanity yesterday. I did do the first month a few years ago with great results. My advice would be to go at your pace....still push yourself of course, but don't try to keep up with the people on the vid (unless you feel good doing that!). I lost 2 inches in the first 2 weeks from hips and waist, and was not normally going as hard as those in the video and even needing to rest often some days. You'll still see results and can just step it up when possible :) Feel free to add me!
  • joone_9
    joone_9 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I love insanity and have lost loads of pounds with it. It's hard and intense but totally worth it! I just started it again and every time I do a workout it gets easier. Add me as a friend and we can push each other:)