45+ making lifestyle changes

Options
Hello, I am in my mid 40s and in the worst shape of my life. I am using this app to structure my lifestyle changes. Looking to find others on here who are looking forwards, not back. Anyone else in the same boat?

Replies

• bubaluboo
    bubaluboo Posts: 2,098 Member
    Options
    I was feeling like that aged 45. 2 years ago. Now I was just saying to my husband yesterday that I feel fitter than ever. It's baby steps but so worth the effort to stick with it!
  • RonnieCanuck
    RonnieCanuck Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    you look great! I think for me, everything just takes more effort because I ache more. I think part of it is setting some specific goals.
  • Daisyhatespeach
    Daisyhatespeach Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am 40 and making my way to a healthier me :)

Feel free to friend me if you would like.
  • tatbrat99
    tatbrat99 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am 47 and in the same boat! Feel free to add me
  • carynp165
    carynp165 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am 50, and just getting started. I really need support as I am struggling! :s
  • samthepanda
    samthepanda Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I'm 44, started making the changes just before my 40th. Now 70lbs down and kept off for over 2 yrs, doing a 10k run in a couple of weeks, and like Bubaluboo feel in best shape of my life. Feel free to add me.
  • s127gh
    s127gh Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm 55 and for me I have to stay active or else let the arthritis keep me on the couch. Well that isn't going to happen here. I have 10 more pounds to go and now I am more active than ever and as a result of weight loss I have drastically reduced the pain. It's hard to go uphill but he other side is the reward. We're all friends here!
  • bubaluboo
    bubaluboo Posts: 2,098 Member
    Options
    ronaldat wrote: »
    you look great! I think for me, everything just takes more effort because I ache more. I think part of it is setting some specific goals.

It will get better as you move more. However, I started by just calorie control and losing the weight. Once I'd made headway with that, it became easier to move and then I got a dog so I'm forced to get out every day whether I want to or not.
  • MicheleStitches
    MicheleStitches Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I totally feel your pain. Since my teens, I have NEVER been one of those gals who could eat whatever I wanted and be slim. I've always battled to keep off the weight...but now that I am in my upper 40's it is EVEN HARDER! I can go for weeks eating healthier & within my calorie goals and exercise diligently (walking, HIIT, jumping rope) and not lose and ounce. (((sigh))) I just have to keep telling myself the scale isn't the end-all and be-all, and that eating healthy food & exercising is good for my body.

I say all this, not to be discouraging, but rather to encourage you to stay in the fight. It is worth it to FEEL strong and healthy, even if the "numbers" aren't going down quickly. Every time you make a good choice about what you eat or what you do, you are improving your future life. We want to have strong bones and muscles and a fully-functioning cardiovascular system. I help care for an eldery woman in her 80's and I can assure you, we don't want to end up a hobbling old ladies who think walking to the mailbox is a major excursion!

YOU CAN DO THIS!!!