Question?

Options
When I insert my daily activity my intake #increases! Is it best to stay at your goal intake or allow yourself to eat the increased amount for that day?

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I hope that you don't mind if I'm lazy and just link you to another discussion on this topic. I think it sums everything up better than I could! http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/818082/exercise-calories-again-wtf
  • Heatherturski
    Heatherturski Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your help!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    MFP is designed to eat back exercise calories. Most eat a portion, to accommodate overestimations in burns.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    The calorie deficit needed to lose weight is already built in to your goal. You get extra calories when you exercise so you keep the same deficit.
  • galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I eat mine back if I'm hungry I eat half or just a portion mostly though.
  • BrendaMaldonado1
    BrendaMaldonado1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    The goal is not to eat back your exercise calories because not every exercise machine will give you an accurate number of calories burned but the goal is not to starve yourself so you can eat some of them back if you feel hungry... I do not eat exercise calories back but its because i work out late in the day after i have my shake for dinner :)