Do you feel guilty for eating over your daily calorie?

Options
mauigizmo
mauigizmo Posts: 13 Member
Hi, I've started using mfp almost 3 months now. I was doing so well for first 2 months and just the last few weeks I'm going down hill :( so frustrating, I need to get back my motivation again.

Replies

• LVNF04
    LVNF04 Posts: 2,607 Member
    Options
    The great thing about hitting bottom is you can only go up. As long as you don't give up, you're not out, and everybody loves a underdog. Keep trying, make the outside as beautiful as the inside.
  • LVNF04
    LVNF04 Posts: 2,607 Member
    Options
    It also sounds like a plateau.
  • lxsaps
    lxsaps Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Just today I was over my daily calories. then I went for a walk and was able to earn the calories back.
  • gothomson
    gothomson Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    A little bit, but that's a good thing, because before I just didn't care that much. So now I go "ok I'm over today, but I won’t be tomorrow" and I generally stick to that. Having said that I do make allowances for holidays and special occasions, but I get back on the wagon as soon as I can.

Also don’t sweat hitting a rough patch, we all do just keep going and eventually it’ll work out. This stuff is for the long term so hitting a problem now isn’t a big deal if you think of it in the long term. Good luck!
  • JAHodgkinson_uk
    JAHodgkinson_uk Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I love being able to earn calories to feel in control and good about myself. Swimming has really surprised me with its generous estimates for length swimming and using my heart rate monitor to work out calories on long, brisk walks is really motivating.

Be kind to yourself and give yourself a treat, be that a home beauty pampering time or a healthy food treat. You're doing something great for yourself and it's hard, if it wasn't everyone would be slim already. You can do it x
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Okay everyone is going to tell you to get back on it. I'm not because I've learnt from experience when I'm in a slump I have to ride it out and then get back on it. That doesn't mean you just give up, you just do something different. So I'm hoping this might help you.
    For the longest time I would get to June, go on holiday and when I got back be so ashamed of the weight gain on holiday I'd give up, gain it all back and have to start again. This hasn't happened this year because instead of just stopping I began to eat to maintenance. I reset my goals and ate what I was allowed. It only took a couple of weeks (instead of six months) and I suddenly realised I had this. If I could maintain my weight, why the heck couldn't I lose again?
    One of the major factors is you gotta be honest with yourself all the time. Everything you eat and drink needs to be logged. Every little thing. That can be tiring but if you can do it and maintain, you can do it and lose! You got this. You know you have.
  • mauigizmo
    Options
    It's great to hear everyone's opinion about this and thank you for your honesty :) soon as I got sick and passed on around the house, that's when I went slack. But I'm definitely starting again tomorrow. back on a treadmill again :) thanks guys for the feed back xx
    Carol will check the link you provided xx
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Each failure brings you closer to success. We think progress should be a straight line on a chart, but it's actually a squiggle.
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Just keep going - you can do it! Easier to start again tomorrow than it is to start again next month.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Nope. Cause Life.

One day over out of many is going to have such little impact it won't even be noticeable.

More than likely, even if you go over your goal, you're still in a deficit. It just might mean you lose slightly less that week. Big deal.
  • mauigizmo
    Options
    Cheers guys xx, so far on track today :)
  • ElisaJtsu
    ElisaJtsu Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Absolutely NOT! This is a life change not a crash diet. My allowance is around 1300 kcals per day, if I consume 1500 I'm still eating less than I did before. Of course I'm trying to stick to it, but I don't feel bad if I go over sometimes - slowly does it. Mfp helps me to keep track and change my eating habits, which is great; yet, if I want some ice cream or a beer, I'll have it! This isn't supposed to be torture :)
    Keep on track but give yourself a break sometimes!
  • mauigizmo
    Options
    So right Elisa :) at least we are monitoring what we're eating and aware of it. I do love my rice and wine a lot :)