2nd Fitversary!! 117 down and counting!

Options
chad_phillips1123
chad_phillips1123 Posts: 229 Member
edited July 2015 in Success Stories
So this is my 2nd fitversary. You can find my 1st fitversary post in my profile. Below is a pic from before I started dieting and exercising and one from a couple days ago. Granted I started wearing contacts and I started growing a beard (which I'm growing the best I can), but it's quite a difference.

Before
3hr1muzhev3l.jpg

Recent
ainp3qc5ox4h.jpg

In my 1st year I lost 100lbs and 33.5 inches total! My 2nd year I've focused a bit more on fitness and I had a hard holiday season (enjoyed the holidays a lot, as well as, was sick with one thing or another from early-mid January to earl-mid March). So I haven't loss near as much lbs total (17 :'( ), but that's after losing ~25 and gaining ~25 during that hard time. You can see my weight progress below.

zoq9c36sauyj.jpg

However, I have lost 18.5 more inches :) (total of 52 inches to date)! Most of my clothes are pretty loose now. I'm able to wear a large 3xl to a small 4xl now (was in big 5xl to 6/7xl before). Bought a few tees, but still waiting to go on any large wardrobe shopping spree.

I've gone from hiking about 2-3 km to about 5.5 km (and these are hills, so it's a pretty good burn and a bit exhausting). I've started going to the track quite a bit to walk; started just doing 5km, but now usually do 6-8km, and did my 1st 10km a few months ago (and have done it 2-3 time since then). I was able to hike/walk the track over 100km in June! I also added a lot of weight (that I was lifting...not on me) when I was weight lifting, but I only went 3-4 days a week from Oct-Dec (when it was too cold to hike, walk or swim). I've actually not swam since Oct and don't currently plan to start up. It's a great workout/calorie burn, but I think I hurt my right shoulder doing it too often and am still waiting for it to heal some.

ecgj0eqk82nf.jpg

k7y93i9rzi8z.jpg

47ksz9cs0nu3.jpg

Overall I'm glad I've gotten to where I am. I wished I'd lost more lbs this past year (and not slid back during the holidays), but I still lost quite a few inches, and I'm in much better shape fitness-wise! I'm thinking of working out less intensely, but more often from here on for awhile. Probably add more time with weights as well.

Replies

• ElvenToad
    ElvenToad Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    You've done fantastic! Love the beard, and you look much happier too :smiley:
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Looking good!

You should look into beard contests in your area! Yours is creative.
  • southcitystudio
    southcitystudio Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • chad_phillips1123
    Options
    Thanks! Yeah, I don't have great beard growing genes. It comes in patchy and curly, so I've got two big locks under my chin with a bit of a bald spot in between. I've been told it looks like a bowtie in pics! I am proud of my handle bar though....except for when I accidentally bite it on bad mustache days....
  • kasaz
    kasaz Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Great job. All that exercise is tremendous. Keep up the good work.
  • opolanka222
    opolanka222 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Great progress.... Keep up the good work!!!
  • HannaSusi
    HannaSusi Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Magnificient facial hair sir! You look a lot fitter, keep up the good work :smile:
  • lestagirl
    lestagirl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow you have done so well!
  • chad_phillips1123
    Options
    Thanks again! Also wanted to say if any who has lost triple digit weight has any advice feel free to let me know. I know it'll get more difficult and I've already had to adapt as I've lost more, but if I can learn from someone who has already been through it, then all the better!
  • heathergetshealthier
    heathergetshealthier Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Way to go (and love the beard!)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!