Anxiety People?

Options
Hey, I'm trying to get back into being healthy and losing weight and sometimes that can be really hard because I get huge amounts of anxiety so I'd really love to meet some people on here who might also be struggling with anxiety. Feel Free to add me!

Replies

• Akhayyat92
    Akhayyat92 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Heey i suffered from anxiety for 8 months i had GAD , you know sports amd healthy diet help alot with anxiety ... Im gonna add u for suree :)
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    I've had anxiety all my life. I was hospitalized for a panic attack (just like my grandpa) because my chest was tight, my jaw and neck went numb, and my back had horrible pain. Plus, with two heart conditions, a heart attack isn't impossible.

I have to agree that diet and exercise has helped me tremendously.
  • Azurite27
    Azurite27 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I struggle with anxiety constantly. I've found exercise helps a lot. Feel free to add me.
  • JanelleG0122
    JanelleG0122 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I struggle with anxiety, but refuse to go on pills for it. I did too much research and even though the doctor said the pills are safe, too many of them have weight gain possibilities. I'm already on the depo-provera shot which has weight gain tendencies. I've been lucky to lose weight while on the shot, but don't want to risk it anymore. I've been slowly managing my anxiety, and feeling good in my own skin. You can feel free to add me if you choose.
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    daily exercise does wonders.
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    I struggle with anxiety, but refuse to go on pills for it. I did too much research and even though the doctor said the pills are safe, too many of them have weight gain possibilities. I'm already on the depo-provera shot which has weight gain tendencies. I've been lucky to lose weight while on the shot, but don't want to risk it anymore. I've been slowly managing my anxiety, and feeling good in my own skin. You can feel free to add me if you choose.

I lost weight on my Xanax and Ativan, but the pills are habit forming. I ended up taking about 6 pills at a time to feel any effect after a few years. Easy to get addicted. I decided to avoid pills all together.
  • ermand
    ermand Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I have suffered from pretty bad social anxiety my entire life. It's not easy, but exercising daily has helped me so much and has kept me away from taking medication. Feel free to add me, I'm on here everyday.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I don't get panic attacks frequently or anything but I am an anxious person overall. I just often find myself nervous for no reason, heart racing for silly reasons, I grind my teeth, get anxious is social settings...Anyway, like others have said-it is a lot better now that I'm more healthy and exercise has played a huge role in that. In fact, my first day back to the gym last year when this all started was because I was so anxious I didn't know what to do with myself...so I walked to the gym (I also came home and got ridiculously drunk afterward), but the rest is history.