Feeling proud. Share your proud moment.

Options
Today is my birthday. My family and friends ordered my favourite pizza for the party. Seeing pizza everywhere, I just wanted to binge. But I had one small slice of pizza only becausemy friends insisted. I am proud of myself. I resisted pizza. Share your proud moment.

Replies

• Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Happy birthday!!

I'm generally proud of myself a lot these days, but my most recent proud moment would be this morning. I went for a long run and immediately planned another one for this evening. Who is this new girl that runs twice in one day?
  • Diana_GettingFit
    Diana_GettingFit Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday! And congrats on your willpower. On your birthday, too. That's impressive!

For me getting off diabetes medication is my proudest moment. It really doesn't get any better than that!
  • Faithful_Chosen
    Faithful_Chosen Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday!

I went out skating yesterday, in just my sports bra for the first time. That made me feel proud.
    345d6beae6463acd99cad8ce718811840464.jpg
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,906 Member
    Options
    faji2015 wrote: »
    Today is my birthday. My family and friends ordered my favourite pizza for the party. Seeing pizza everywhere, I just wanted to binge. But I had one small slice of pizza only becausemy friends insisted. I am proud of myself. I resisted pizza. Share your proud moment.

That's awesome, hooray!

I usually don't wear my short gardening shorts in the front yard, but looked at the back of my legs in the mirror today and saw they were a lot smoother than the last time I looked. Wish I'd taken a before picture. Hooray for gardening, yoga, and swimming!

• BumbleBreeBuzz
    BumbleBreeBuzz Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Yesterday when hanging out with my friend, we went out and got chicken wings and french fries. I had worked hard all week so I wasn't concerned about splurging but I found that I was full after eating only half of what I ordered! When i logged what I had eaten i still had calories left for the day! A few weeks ago I would have destroyed all of those wings and then some. I like noticing my change in self control, even without having to think about it.
  • myGodwillhelpme
    myGodwillhelpme Posts: 2 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Was at Applebees and ate (half) the Chicken pane entree and half the beer batter pretzels and look forward to a good report on the scale! Since we can eat what we want on this. I am loving it!
  • OldAssDude
    OldAssDude Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    faji2015 wrote: »

First of all... Happy Birthday

Second of all... Good job, and you probably could have a second piece.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday!

I went out skating yesterday, in just my sports bra for the first time. That made me feel proud.
    345d6beae6463acd99cad8ce718811840464.jpg

Hapoy birthday to the OP and congrats to Faithful!
  • kalegria24
    kalegria24 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday to OP and wonderful proud shares from everyone else!!!! I'm Proud of YOU!!!
  • bubaluboo
    bubaluboo Posts: 2,098 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday OP.

My proud moment was yesterday when a someone I met said that they had seen me 'motoring along' when running with my dog. I've always said I can't run in the past!
  • boogiewookie
    boogiewookie Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Thursday I took a road trip with my family and literally only ate taco bell....no breakfast, just taco bell for lunch and dinner (we don't have one in our town so we were excited!) so yesterday I ate well under my calorie recommendations and worked out hard. I lost a pound! I'm pleased. :-)
  • Zedeff
    Zedeff Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I'm down to 195 from 260 in 9 months. My job moves me from place to place every 3-8 months and I recently moved from location A to location B, where people who I've known for 10 years didn't recognize me at first glance. Feels awesome!
  • islandgirl3333
    islandgirl3333 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Zedeff wrote: »
    I'm down to 195 from 260 in 9 months. My job moves me from place to place every 3-8 months and I recently moved from location A to location B, where people who I've known for 10 years didn't recognize me at first glance. Feels awesome!

Way to go, but what s job that must be hard moving all the time.

My proud moment was yesterday. I was hungry all morning even thou I had a good breakfast, could hardly wait for lunch. Stepped on the scale today and was down. Glad I made it to lunch time. Funny thing was I was fine the rest of the day. Cookies and muffins resisted. Yeah for me
  • fobs13
    fobs13 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    I'm a short *kitten* and was able to purchase my wicking clothes from the kids section today thus saving me money!
  • wannabeskinnycat
    wannabeskinnycat Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I went clothes shopping with my 15 year old daughter last week and we (I really mean me) normally spend most of the days budget on her. Well, my daughter focused on me and she picked out clothes I would never choose. I've been wearing them this week and I'm getting compliments from all directions. I've lost a lot of weight and I think my head hasn't caught up yet.

• Zedeff
    Zedeff Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Zedeff wrote: »

Way to go, but what s job that must be hard moving all the time.

I guess I was unclear... I just move from location to location within a single city, not moving all over the country or anything like that!
  • spatulamom
    spatulamom Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday, OP, and way to go!!

I went to the pool all day today with family and we had a KFC lunch - I ate small portions and ate what I wanted (I even had a cupcake!) and have had no problems fitting it in today! Oh, and even though I'm nowhere near my goal, I wore a bathing suit and didn't care what anyone thought. My son was thrilled to have me in the water playing with him and that's all that matters :).
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    Happiest of Birthdays to you!!! May this year be the best one yet! :smiley:

I have two:
    • I am pressing 630 pounds on the leg press.
    • I bought two bikinis from Victoria's Secret. And I like how I look!
  • tamidtaylor
    tamidtaylor Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    h9oppol1yccw.jpg
    I'm down 56 pounds as of today and am just over halfway to my goal
  • kalegria24
    kalegria24 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    ^^^Yay!!!! Whooooo Hoooo!!!!!!