Bras for the well-endowed??? (Grrrr!)

Options
CoryIda
CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
A little bird told me that Dillards carries bras that hold ginormoboobies up to a G.

My last measurements had me at a 36J, but I'm hoping they've shrunk enough in the past few weeks to be able to get at least ONE bra that fits properly (I am still wearing the 44F bras I started in 85+ pounds ago and have just been stitching them up to keep them on).

The crazy thing is that my boobs LOOK a lot smaller than they used to, but they don't seem to actually BE any smaller (in fact, my chest measurements haven't gone down even a centimeter in months, despite the fact that EVERY other part of my body keeps shrinking).

Does anyone else have this issue? Where do you find your bras, and can you find any that are even remotely affordable?

I am dreading Dillards because their stuff is so expensive and I don't have a lot of $$, but my bras are ridiculous. I've sewn the bands and straps so much that there's virtually nothing left but cups and I had to remove all of the underwires long ago - thank God I am young and gravity hasn't done TOO much damage there yet!

Replies

• TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    For everyday wearing I love my Wacoal (36g) They are very expensive. I bought one at Macy's after getting fitted. I think is was around $64. Then I went on Ebay and bought a few more for 1/2 or more off that price. Or go to the store and find one you like and write down the info and look on Ebay.

Hope that helps.

For working out love my Enell
  • shells62682
    shells62682 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I would suggest looking online. There are some great ones at Champion, Title IX and other underwear websites. Once you have the brand/style, it's easier to find what you like.
  • suziewoos
    suziewoos Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Not sure where you are but there is Bravissimo that deliver world wide http://www.bravissimo.com/

Also Royce do as well http://www.royce-lingerie.co.uk/stockists

Hope it is ok to put the links up.

Good luck
  • ldholcombe
    ldholcombe Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Mine are not close to being as big as yours but they are really big. I lately have been finding bras very uncomfrotable (I am breastfeeding). I hope you find a good bra.. I am still in search for mine!
  • MollyNan
    MollyNan Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am not that big but I do have a hard time finding bras that fit me well. Lane Bryant is where I get mine. If you don't have one close to you, you can shop online at lanebryant.com. The prices vary from $30 - $42 each. They have a sale until Moday buy one get one free. I love the balconette style. They are super confortable!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I am not that big but I do have a hard time finding bras that fit me well. Lane Bryant is where I get mine. If you don't have one close to you, you can shop online at lanebryant.com. The prices vary from $30 - $42 each. They have a sale until Moday buy one get one free. I love the balconette style. They are super confortable!
    Lane Bryant doesn't carry large cup sizes with small band sizes.
  • wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    A little bird told me that Dillards carries bras that hold ginormoboobies up to a G.

I read that line and burst out laughing.

Yes, I'm about as mature as a 10 yo.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Mine look far smaller, they are horrid now! BUT I have tried bras on a size down and they are too small. I can't figure it out at all.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    I don't need mine anymore but I'm sure you don't want my old manzier. :bigsmile:
  • angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options

My last measurements had me at a 36J, but I'm hoping they've shrunk enough in the past few weeks to be able to get at least ONE bra that fits properly (I am still wearing the 44F bras I started in 85+ pounds ago and have just been stitching them up to keep them on).

The crazy thing is that my boobs LOOK a lot smaller than they used to, but they don't seem to actually BE any smaller (in fact, my chest measurements haven't gone down even a centimeter in months, despite the fact that EVERY other part of my body keeps shrinking).

Does anyone else have this issue? Where do you find your bras, and can you find any that are even remotely affordable?

I am dreading Dillards because their stuff is so expensive and I don't have a lot of $$, but my bras are ridiculous. I've sewn the bands and straps so much that there's virtually nothing left but cups and I had to remove all of the underwires long ago - thank God I am young and gravity hasn't done TOO much damage there yet!

I don't have this issue, but I'm wondering if Dillards would hire me. I don't even need to be paid:tongue:
  • MindiKat
    MindiKat Posts: 49
    Options
    I know Fredericks of Hollywood had decent ones once upon a time. I have found some at a local Bali's outlet but it is hit or miss. Honest to god, Ebay is my best bet. I carry all my weight south in my hips, butt and thighs so I need a 34 E which is impossible unless you have it made for $100+ and its just not in my budget. I've also bought and altered bigger bras like you mentioned which give you no lift.

My 14 yo told me the other day my boobs look a lot lower which made me want to cry. I'd love to find a bra that fits, doesn't hurt and gives me some lift but I've all but given up at this point.
  • CarolynB38
    CarolynB38 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Bravissimo is definitely the way to go. I'm a 32G so I have terrible trouble finding bras so I usually order online from Bravissimo. You can get a K cup even in the very small back sizes like 28!! They also do swimwear, nightwear and clothes but they are a little expensive. The bra prices aren't too bad though. Worth a look.
  • floydypants
    floydypants Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Have a look at brastop.com. It is UK based but will post worldwide. It is one of my favourite sites ever, as a H cup with a small back it's the only place I have found that does big sizes with small backs and most importantly low prices!! I do like bravissimo too but they are quite expensive. For sports bras I like boobydoo.co.uk (great name too!)
  • Forensic
    Forensic Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I've heard good things about figleaves bras (they have a website), mostly that they carry many sizes that other stores don't.

Not cheap, but odd sizes aren't, unfortunately.
  • mirandamatte
    mirandamatte Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    nope dillards bras suck they have like no support for my (32G) I have to go to a speciality boutique....it costs me about $60 a bra. I usually get 2 at a time and rotate them until I wear them out.
  • lwyz_smln
    lwyz_smln Posts: 46
    Options
    I wear a 34I or a 36H and I have been purchasing my bras ad Nordstrom. They are VERY expensive, but they are the only ones I have found that are supportive and fit properly.

I wear the brand "Chantelle". They have about 3 really comfortable styles that also come in different colors and they are actually attractive also. They typically cost $80-$95 each though. I usually buy 2 and get as much wear out of them as I can before I replace them, which is typically a year! Make sure you start with them fitting at the largest band setting so that as they stretch you can make the band tighter.

I hope that helps! I must admit, I was jealous you were able to find a two-piece top that fit. I haven't had any luck with that yet.

Good Luck!
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Mine look far smaller, they are horrid now! BUT I have tried bras on a size down and they are too small. I can't figure it out at all.
    try switching the cup/bra size around . For years I wore a 44DD, but the 46C is actually a better fit.
  • ResilientWoman
    ResilientWoman Posts: 440 Member
    Options

Unlike you, I am not particularly young, lol. Gravity has had her way with me and I am alright with that but I am still breastfeeding my daughter, I am an athlete and their size (51" bust even after shedding almost 100 lbs, now 41" band would make me a 5 in Enell Sport Bra sizes) would prohibit running and many other activities if I didn't invest in a good bra.

http://www.enell.com/size_and_measurement_chart.php
    http://www.enell.com/fitting_video.php

They also make custom bras so it is pretty certain they could accommodate your needs.
  • hemlock2010
    hemlock2010 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    bump