Homemade foods with "fillings"....how to account for the fil

Options
We make something called chicken squares that we LOVE. How would I account for something like that? It's crescent rolls folded into squares that are filled with cream cheese, chicken, green pepper........stuff like that. But there is really no way to account for the filling that I can think of. Any suggestions on how you guys account for foods like this. We also use low fat cream cheese and low fat rolls. So it can be healthier than it sounds.

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Use the Recipe tool on MFP under the "Food" tab. You can enter any recipe you like and get the calorie count.
  • marrtini
    marrtini Posts: 75
    Options
    Agreed about the recipe/food tab
  • frugalmomsrock
    frugalmomsrock Posts: 1,123
    Options
    Yep. That's what I do for all my meals. Then I store them to use every time I make that recipe. :) Great tool!
  • mlemonroe2
    mlemonroe2 Posts: 603
    Options
    Create a recipie. I do it all the tme. It's nice because you can add the specific brand of the ingredients you use so it is more accurate.
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I love the recipe tab b/c after you add all the ingredients, it saves it for the next time you make it.
  • Hikergirl5401
    Hikergirl5401 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I agree. Use the recipe tab and you'll just have to add up the individual numbers for everything you put in it. Sounds time consuming the first time but if it saves it for you then you'll only have to do it once. Oh and then post the recipe for the rest of us! :smile:
  • lazyNhungry
    Options
    Thanks guys! HAHA, ok hikeregirl!