Calories in cooked chicken

Options
The calories for cooked chicken is different everywhere I check. Anyone know what is the correct amount for cooked chicken breast plain without any marinade.

Replies

• boomhower1820
    boomhower1820 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    It's best to weigh before cooking, way to many variables to get an accurate number after cooking. Doneness and even method of cooking can effect it.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Or use usda cooked chicken entries.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

I have to do that. I rarely eat a whole serving of chicken breast, steak or whatever type of meat so I need the cooked weight so I can divide out my bit. Some meats dry out if they're divvied up raw. Using the usda cook entries did not negatively affect me when I was losing, nor has it affected my maintenance.
  • Justthisgirl1994
    Justthisgirl1994 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Like the others said, weigh before cooking it. I started losing more weight when I started weighing it frozen rather than cooked! I eat chicken basically everyday and that was the only factor that had changed.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    kami3006 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »

I have to do that. I rarely eat a whole serving of chicken breast, steak or whatever type of meat so I need the cooked weight so I can divide out my bit. Some meats dry out if they're divvied up raw. Using the usda cook entries did not negatively affect me when I was losing, nor has it affected my maintenance.

Bonus is that the USDA entry is only for roasted chicken breast, so typically if yours is grilled you'll actually eat less calories...