New to Forum, Unsuccessful Expert on Weight Loss

Options
Hi there, My name is Lauren. I am new to this forum, but I, like most of us, I am not new to weight loss. I know so much and have yet to be successful long term. I even worked as a CMA at a weight loss center.

Currently, I am in a downward spiral of weight loss bliss after sleeve surgery July 2014. At Week 8, i'm being told to eat more but i don't want to eat more. i'm continuing to do what I've been doing to keep this spiral of weight loss continuing. The doctor says weight loss stops in 6 months. That gives me four more months. Averaging 3 pounds a week, that could mean I could lose another 36 pounds. That would put me exactly where I would hope to be, without a pound to spare at 147. In 3 pounds (150), I'd break over the top of my goal weight. Can I do this?

Strickest Diet Plan Ever Followed: PWLC
I did Physician's Weight Loss Center 2x. I lost 3-4 lbs week for 14 weeks.
The first time Age 21 - 12-1981 from 193 to 145lbs (lost 48 lbs)
The second time Age 33 - 3-1993 from 223 to 185lbs (lost 40 lbs)
Then I worked there for 3 years maintaining 185lbs.

If I reach 147, it would be the first time in over 30 years. That's a great motivator.

i'm looking for anything different.
I'm looking for something to be different this time.

INSANITY - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. I've done this before and I've always failed.
Always.
Why will this time be different?

I need to think of something different to do this time.
I need to do something different this time.
I need to think of what will be different.
I need to think of why it will be different.

Being at 147, a weight that I remember 30 years ago would be very different. I got down to 170 with the band in 2009. That's the last time I lost weight. Within 10 months, 10 pounds came back on. I should have gone back in to the Dr's office. I could have; for free. I should have gone back in. If I did that this time, that would be something different.

So, as I write, I've been thinking. I've come up with some things I could do differently if weight gain starts.

1) If I gain more than 5 pounds, go back in.
2) If I gain more than 5 pounds, replace one meal with a protein drink.
3) If I gain more than 5 pounds, increase protein.
4) If I gain more than 5 pounds, cut carbs back to 30 grams and start logging.
5) If I gain more than 5 pounds, go to one more swimming class a week.
6) If I gain more than 5 pounds, go to a meeting.

That's a good start. I'm going to print and post in my bathroom above the scale.

Thoughts? Comments? Questions?

Replies