Macro ratios--help!

Options
I'm new to the whole counting macros thing and I'm having trouble determining what my ratios should be. I tried turning to the Internet, but I ended up with about 500 different answers all saying completely different ratios. My goal is to lose fat while maintaining, if not building, muscle. I workout about 5 days a week, 4 weight lifting sessions and one cardio session of about 20-40 minutes depending on the intensity. I also recently just switched from the paleo diet to clean eating. Any recommendations or advice? Thank you.

Replies

• Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177803/recomposition-maintaining-weight-while-losing-fat/p1

The thread I linked doesn't have macro help (I think) but there is a lot of good information for recomp.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Percentage ratios aren't really a good idea, in my experience. For your plan, it sounds like hitting a goal of the recommended protein intake of .6-.8 grams of protein per pound of body weight and .35 - .45 grams of fat per pound of body weight. The rest of your calories can come from carbs. You'll have to work a bit with your settings to translate those into percentages.
  • JennaC98
    JennaC98 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the link Troutsy, I'll definitely keep that in mind, but I think I'm a little too impatient for that method; I would prefer faster results

PeachyCarol, so would weight lifters need to go on the higher scale of the protein intake or do they need more than .8 grams per pound of body weight?