In search of encouragement and advice!

Options
Hi, I've been on a fitness journey for a while, I competed in track and cross country for a year in high school. I've been doing a little bit of lifting and resistance training for about 2 years now, but just recently (January) I made the decision to seriously get into it. My goal is to be a bikini competitor one day, but for now I'm just trying to lose these last about 10 pounds and get in serious shape. The more I research nutrition, macros, and how often I need to do cardio, the more confused I get because of the overwhelming amount of different opinions I find. However, I would love some advice from some real people who have gotten real results. Thanks for reading!

Replies

• Nathan121383
    Nathan121383 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Keep it up and yes it can be very overwhelming. Haha
  • Maries_wine_calories
    Maries_wine_calories Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your achievements already- the hard part about "losing strategies" is really how individual an experience it is! I'm not a "work out" person, but I am active at my job: about 75K plus steps per week for me or 50 km a week. I am at maintenance for 4 months, 155 which is over my recommended weight at 5'5". I can tell you that I have dropped some more inches since losing only 3 more lbs for a total of 48lbs. Small repetitive weight motion, foam roller and reverse crunches= I get compliments on my toned arms and that I have NO cellulite left on my thighs and I'm happier with my butt. For reference I am a BMI still of 24.6 and I'm 42 years old.
  • JennaC98
    JennaC98 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weightloss, scoandmur! That's awesome!