Watching Calories

Options
Where can I find the best, (i.e. easiest) "Counting Calories" web site, program, book, etc ?

Replies

• jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    :laugh: www.myfitnesspal.com
  • amymunn
    amymunn Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    this one?
  • wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    :laugh: www.myfitnesspal.com

LMAO!!
  • a_dawn
    a_dawn Posts: 47
    Options
    There are a ton of them out there, and I've tried a lot of them. This site has been the best so far.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Um. Well.

You might have already found it.......
  • maryo1940
    maryo1940 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Guess I don't get it. I thought this was only a web site to help you keep count of your calories. Where is the info on how many to eat, what to eat, etc.
  • Quierstina
    Quierstina Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    This site has the most comprehensive food list (database) I've come across. I've tried sparkpeople.com before and while I had success on the site it got to be too much having to enter in all the food. You're in the right place. Good luck!

You need to set your goals and the site will tell you how much you should be eating. Try to predict a realistic weekly work out schedule to help the site give you the appropriate daily calorie goals.
  • maryo1940
    Options
    Wewon, I certainly didn't mean to be funny!
  • aranchmom
    aranchmom Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Wewon, I certainly didn't mean to be funny!
    I think I know what you mean. When you set up your account, it tells you on your home page how many calories to eat. What those calories come from are up to you. However, tehre are probably discussions onhere about the best foods for general good health. Whole grains, fruits, veggies, etc. Good luck!
  • kimark1
    kimark1 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    When you put in your profile information this site should have given you a daily calorie goal. Since starting this a few weeks ago I have made small changes in my eating habits and exercising. I basically try to eat healthy but I don't deny myself something if I want it. For example, I went to Olive Garden last night for my kids' birthdays and I first printed off their nutritional information and from there decided what might be some of the best choices for me. I still had some awesome food even picking something that wasn't 2000 calories.
  • khrys1
    khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Guess I don't get it. I thought this was only a web site to help you keep count of your calories. Where is the info on how many to eat, what to eat, etc.

When you set your goals, this site asks how active you are on a daily basis, etc. Then when you tell the site how much you want to lose each week, it'll tell you how many calories to aim for a day. As on what you should eat, the food pyramid (which I believe you can find many of if you do a google search and look at any of the .gov sites) is a great guide- fruits, veggies, bread, etc. Good luck!
  • maryo1940
    Options
    Thanks to all. I'll go back and start over.
  • Aries03
    Aries03 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: This site has helped me no end on taking control of my calorie intake.