Off topic but.. Jodie Marsh..

Options

Replies

• tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    tomatoey wrote: »
    Why is it not ok to body shame overweight or underweight people but it's fine to tear her physique apart,?

So what if she had surgery, I don't see how that makes it ok.

Good thing no one was body shaming her then

Most people expressed their views respectfully, but "hot glued" or "stuck" "two rocks to her chest" isn't body shaming?

Also "ruined herself"? I think that's up to her to decide.

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    She did it to herself. It's not as if her boobs are naturally like that. She wasn't born looking that way. If her boobs naturally looked that way, then I wouldn't have said anything about it, because obviously it's not her fault..
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I admire her fitness dedication. But I think she'd look a lot better without all that plastic surgery.

^^THIS^^ it's hard to know what's her without all the smoke and mirrors (aka plastic surgery, prosthetics, makeup, tattooing etc.) Not something I find attractive nor a look I think of as something to aspire to.
  • tomatoey
    Options
    She did it to herself. It's not as if her boobs are naturally like that. She wasn't born looking that way. If her boobs naturally looked that way, then I wouldn't have said anything about it, because obviously it's not her fault..

I don't think it matters whether she did it to herself or not. Still body shaming.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Plastic surgery is just gross to me. I had only heard of her before this thread, so I was forced to google her.

She ruined herself.

Me too. The fake boobs are just over the top.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Why is it not ok to body shame overweight or underweight people but it's fine to tear her physique apart,?

So what if she had surgery, I don't see how that makes it ok.

Good thing no one was body shaming her then

Most people expressed their views respectfully, but "hot glued" or "stuck" "two rocks to her chest" isn't body shaming?

Also "ruined herself"? I think that's up to her to decide.

If she's putting herself out on Instagram, etc, she's asking the world to decide.

• FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    seska422 wrote: »
    It looks like she hot-glued two balls to her chest:

jh8sdx1o81ug.png

Her muscles are awesome since they allow her to maintain her feminine side. However, to me those boobs are too big for her frame.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    Looking at the above picture has made me crave chocolate balls! The food variety! :tongue:
  • 3AAnn3
    3AAnn3 Posts: 3,054 Member
    Options
    Not a fan of any of the fitness models with the fake boobs bigger than my head.
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    I had to google her too. I think she's a perfect example of how awesome body building is for women. She can show off her amazing muscles. But she can also look like a normal (non she hulk) person.

The boobs, meh that's her choice. Just like its her choice to build up her muscles.

She has a gorgeous smile though.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    Looking at the above picture has made me crave chocolate balls! The food variety! :tongue:
    Looking at that picture made me wish my gym had not closed at noon today. I missed my weightlifting session. :(
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Not a fan of plastic enhancements like that, I think it detracts from the work she's done herself.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Saying you prefer or don't prefer it is one thing but no need to be insulting about her boobs or whatever

Pretty sure they aren't hers.....

I'm sure she has a receipt for them.
  • tomatoey
    Options
    Saying you prefer or don't prefer it is one thing but no need to be insulting about her boobs or whatever

Pretty sure they aren't hers.....

If she paid for them, they're hers!

Yup.

Seems like she's been through some stuff, and I think it's great that she's found a way to feel empowered. I also think she looks amazing. She doesn't look "natural", whatever that means (anyone here dye their hair or wear makeup? Or clothes, even? Did everyone come out of the womb in jeans and t-shirts?). But she is striking and her looks speak to self-mastery and self-determination. Totally appreciate that.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    OMG at "been through some stuff" ....she started out as a vacuous tabloid media wh0re famous for getting into a spat with that other talentless tart over fake / real boobs and who slept with who's ex which is one of the reasons her own plastic surgery is so ....comment-inducing

Bodybuilding ...I'm impressed

• theportkey
    theportkey Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Not a fan of fake books but she holds them well.
    Not a fan of her muscles but then I'm not a fan of my fat.
    Each to their own. Who are we to judge when she is sooo healthy.
    Well done to her for the discipline and determination in what she has achieved.
    I would love some of that!! :)
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    She obviously worked her *kitten* off to look like that. Who cares if she's got fake boobs? Lots of girls involved in this world are required to get to ridiculously low bf %'s and end up having some silicon. She just had hers before she started...
  • Christine_72
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    OMG at "been through some stuff" ....she started out as a vacuous tabloid media wh0re famous for getting into a spat with that other talentless tart over fake / real boobs and who slept with who's ex which is one of the reasons her own plastic surgery is so ....comment-inducing

Bodybuilding ...I'm impressed

Hehe nice commentary :+1::laugh:

• VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    She does actually have/had a lot of self image issues, just because she was a glamour model or conducted herself in ways others find distasteful doesn't change that, she's a product of her past, fake boobs included. I'm not a fan but I get why she's done what she's done and respect where she is now and the advocacy work she does. The boobs also don't look quite so alarming when she's not at her lowest BF but hey, if she likes them that's all that really matters!