Looking for friends and support...

Options
My name is Michelle and I'm 36. I have been struggling with staying active. I start walking and going to the gym and then before I know it I'm right back to doing nothing. This time I've been at it for a couple weeks and I feel great. I need to lose 30 lbs to be at a healthy weight for my age/height. I am at risk for diabetes as I'm insulin resistant. I plan on keeping track of carbs/sugar this time. I need friends that can encourage and motivate me and I will do the same for you. I am committing myself whole-heartedly.

Replies

• DoraHaymond
    DoraHaymond Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem starting out great then falling off the wagon. I'm basically counting calories but leaving sugar out completely. I plan to do walking dvds at home because I live far out but on a relatively busy road. What should be our daily goal, say 30 to 60 minutes a day? I'm open and willing to help.
  • pussycatdoll21
    pussycatdoll21 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hey Michelle :) i will add you.
  • leticiadiaz20
    leticiadiaz20 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies :-) my name is Leticia, I like to join your support group :-) its gotten alitte more hard for me to keep/stay motivated even more now, you see, I help take care of my elderly mother inlaw she is 89 yrs old,, dont get me wrong, I love/care for her :-) I take care of her 4 days straight from 6:30 am to 7:30 pm, 7:30 is where my awesome, loving, caring husband comes home from work, then I attended to him as well, the other 3 days I work :-) it's hard to get motivated. HELP PLEASE.
  • pbcook2
    pbcook2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies...I'm in your boat. Recently out of ten year relationship. Feel my weight and the way I view myself had a lot to do with it.
  • melissaf0405
    melissaf0405 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I've been there too in fact I'm just getting back on track again after gaining 13 lbs. this is definitely a lifestyle change and a journey and I truly believe the only way we can do it is with constant support and encouragement which some of us do at always get from those closest to us which is why I love this app so much! Let me know how I can support you.