Bicep training

Options
Hi does anyone have alternative suggestions for bicep training - getting a bit bored of arm curls! Thanks

Replies

• Kr15by
    Kr15by Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Arm curls are probably the best to isolate biceps so you could try changing to dumbbell curls, seated dumbbell curls, hammer curls etc.. In order to mix it up. Also, if you are working the biceps indirectly with the likes of heavy deadlifts, rows and pull-ups then you can get away without doing any direct bicep training.
  • vickihuk
    vickihuk Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I will be rowing and doing pull ups so that's good. Please can you remind me on a hammer curl?? On the dumbell curl, would you do both arms at the same time or alternate?
  • Kr15by
    Kr15by Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I prefer to alternate arms on dumbbell curls but it doesn't really matter how you do it. Hammer curls are like like normal dumbbell curls but your palms are facing inwards instead of up. I find they work the forearms better
  • vickihuk
    vickihuk Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Ah yes I remember. Thanks for the advice.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    vickihuk wrote: »
    Hi does anyone have alternative suggestions for bicep training - getting a bit bored of arm curls! Thanks

Squats and deadlifts are all the arm training anyone ever needs

/mfp
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I found when I switched to compound lifts only my bicep definition started to fade away, I have more success with isolation exercises.