New Mommy looking for encouragement

I'm back on MFP, and am hoping to use it more actively. I just had my first baby on June 30th and I'm ready to get my body back in keep up with my growing little boy. Honestly, I did not have a very health conscious pregnancy. I've lost lots of muscle and desperately need to get my nutrition in check. I know that progress may be slow between recovery, nursing, and the demands of new mommyhood but I am determined to keep moving in the direction of healthy progress and not complacency. Join on my journey help keep me on track and I'll help you. Encouragement, tips, constructive criticism is all welcome! Please feel free to add me :)

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,242 MFP Moderator
    First, congrats on the new baby! Second - it is totally awesome that you're looking to get healthy right away after having him. I have 2, and didn't do anything about my *ahem* 'baby weight' for YEARS (my oldest was almost a teenager before I got serious about getting healthy again). And Third - very cool that you're willing to take your time and not trying to 'crash diet' your way back to a 'pre-pregnancy' you. You've got this. :flowerforyou:
  • rosellabella87
    rosellabella87 Posts: 8 Member
    Hiii! I'm a new mommy too. Had my son in January and looking to lose this baby weight!
  • NicholeKristine
    NicholeKristine Posts: 2 Member
    Thanks ladies! Pregnancy is weird isn't it? I was kind of shocked at how much I gained during pregnancy, but was shocked to have dropped 25 lbs within a week of having my son. I think a lot of it was crazy water retention. So even with that, I'm feeling a lot less out of control.