Fitbit

Options
Hi

I've just joined back and feel really positive. We are thinking of getting a Fitbit Surge: any feedback? We didn't do well with Fuelband, as the Nike broke.

Looking forward to meeting people on here!

Good luck all

James

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    All Fitbits calculate your TDEE & sync with MFP. Which one you choose is entirely a matter of personal preference.

You can learn more in the Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users
  • jpearsonjenkins
    jpearsonjenkins Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much!
  • editorgrrl
    edited July 2015
    Options
    PS. President Obama has a Surge: http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/6916228
  • jpearsonjenkins
    Options
    That's an endorsement! If our Prime Minister had one, I'd think the company were part of the dark side!
  • editorgrrl
    Options
    I assumed getting a Fitbit was the first lady's idea. (She's done a lot of work encouraging kids to eat better & be more active.)

People actually suggested it was a national security risk for the president to wear a GPS tracker.
  • franko989
    franko989 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've had the basic band and upgraded to the charge hr, and my experience has been great using Fitbit. I wouldnt hesitate to get the surge but you probably already know that! Have fun...
  • jpearsonjenkins
    Options
    Thanks So much for your reply. I'm going to go ahead and get one!
  • bklyngal72
    bklyngal72 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit hr I love it...went from the zip to the flex and now hr. So far loving the HR
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit Flex. It was a birthday gift from one of my dojo mates. Now I would feel lost without it.
  • jpearsonjenkins
    Options
    That's a very good friend! :)
  • hippytee
    hippytee Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Got the basic ZIP I
  • bonbai12
    bonbai12 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit Zip. Lost about 50 pounds over 16 months by walking a lot and cutting down on some foods. Need to lose about 15 more and have been stuck for a few months despite the exercise. I am hoping MFP will help me pay more attention to what I am eating. I love my Fitbit! I wouldn't have lost weight w/o it.
  • jpearsonjenkins
    Options
    My wife and I are both getting the surge. We can't wait as we know it will push us to do more each week!