What's your favorite thing about your body?

Options
Doesn't have to be a specific body part.. just something about your body you love! Why do you love it?

I know I don't speak kindly to myself nearly as much as I should. I imagine I'm not alone, so I just wanted to make a positive post! Looking forward to reading responses.. thanks!

Replies

• nishatay
    nishatay Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I like my hands and feet (is that weird lol). I like experimenting with different nail polishes and nail designs. I also like my legs.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    It's moldability and responsivness to whatever I'm doing and want it to do.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    I think I'm generally more attractive than unattractive, but I wouldn't say any particular thing is outstanding, as in "whoa, I love my beautiful body part, it is amazing". I like my arms, shoulders, collarbones well enough. Pretty much everything else ranges from "fine" to "eh, try not to look at that for too long". My face, as a whole, I guess (though again, I could find something to nitpick if I wanted to. Thankfully, I don't really want to that often. I did as a teen, but you just get used to yourself with time. You go, hey, I'm not Angelina Jolie, but I'm not so bad and I can play things up when I want to).

I do like that I'm on the tall side of average, and I like my body silhouette (pear/ruler). I feel like more pears should like their shapes, too. I have a reasonable back.
  • faithyang
    faithyang Posts: 297 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    What an empowering thread! :smile:

I think it's probably my little feet and hands (I have small feet and hands lol) and I've been told I have a very elegant décollage. Lastly how much my body has weathered and taken my abuse and beatings of bad eating, bad diet and lifestyle, yet bounced back gradually when I started trying to make the effort to take care of it.

My Mom went through and defeated cancer and she told me it was when she realised how much we take our bodies and organs for granted. She said, she grew to realise that we sometimes have to take a moment to silently thank it for working and serving you well (or if it helps, massage parts of your body when you are doing things like breast checks, etc).

I thought it was a beautiful way to psychologically and mindfully appreciate and emphasise how important health, fitness and well-being is as part of a wholesome, healthy life.

Thank you, body! :blush:
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I like my lips and calves :)
  • Horrorfox
    Horrorfox Posts: 204 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Definitely my lips, and my legs.

shslR6z.jpg
    4hJF15s.jpg
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    When I'm slim? Almost everything. LOL. I'd get rid of a slight bump on the sides of my nose if I could just pick, and I'd wish my quads and biceps and triceps didn't like bulking so much, and I always wanted hair that would grow not just long but super thick (and a more interesting color without dye!) and more perfect teeth...but other than that, aesthetically, I seriously wouldn't change places with anyone. I love my calves, my cheekbones, my lips, my face as a whole. I love my flat belly, my AMAZING butt, lol, my tiny ankles, and even though I often wish they were retractable (especially when it's hot out), I do like being busty for my size.

I love being strong. I love being able to keep going for mile after mile. I love lifting heavy things.

Very little of that is true right now. I'm hoping it will be again...soon.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Horrorfox wrote: »

shslR6z.jpg
    4hJF15s.jpg

Ummm...would it be inappropriate for me to say I like them, too?
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I like my lips, and I like that my freckles make me unique (though they're so hard to cover for cosplay!) and I quite like my eyes. I like my breasts, too, and my nails. Everything else is, uh... a work in progress? :*
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    My high cheek bones. My shoulders, as they require very little work to look good. My arms are getting there too.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    Horrorfox wrote: »

shslR6z.jpg
    4hJF15s.jpg

Ummm...would it be inappropriate for me to say I like them, too?

LOL! Second, but the photos make the mother in me want to yell, "Go clean your room!" So clearly I am old now.
  • JeanMBK
    JeanMBK Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    My legs, they are strong and because they are I am able to run and ride.
  • Horrorfox
    Horrorfox Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    @Jennifer_417 @MamaBirdBoss

Aww thanks!

LOL, my place is like 90% clean.
  • NH_1970
    NH_1970 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    that it houses a damn awesome brain! I like it all.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I genuinely like 90% of my body. The other bits I live with. I appreciate being healthy and young, enjoying being active, and feeling comfortable in my own skin.
  • rebbylicious
    rebbylicious Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    my butt and eyes.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    My body amazes me, I can't believe that it handles everything I throw at it. I think it is awesome :)
  • Jenskiski
    Jenskiski Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I have the kind of lips people pay for. Felt like a clown when I was a kid but as an adult they are great! I also have pretty hands and really strong legs.
  • bustedsweetie
    bustedsweetie Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I like my curves and eyes.