bodyweight exercise routine while you have a sprained ankle

Options
Hello I have a sprained ankle... and I am just wondering if there are any bodyweight exercise routines I can do to prevent any loss of the little muscle tone I have achieved so far. I am asking for equipment free exercises as I am evacuated from my home due to threat of fire and have no equipment with me. But I need to exercise to relieve my stress.

Replies

• ScubaSteve1962
    ScubaSteve1962 Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    When I had a broken ankle, I would go swimming
  • jvs125
    jvs125 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I injured my ankle too. I've been doing pilates everyday since. It's hard work but yet very relaxing, good stress relief. I'm 10 days in, and went swimming yesterday (slowly), and it went well...

I'm almost happy I injured my ankle because I had been doing heavier stuff and as much as I like it, pilates always brought me good results and is enjoyable. I plan on keeping it in my regular routine now.
  • jvs125
    jvs125 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Oh and by the way, good luck with your question.. I asked the same one 10 days ago and got my head chewed off because I was thinking of exercising when clearly I should have been in bed eating ice cream and donuts because life ends when you have pain in a joint..
  • ScubaSteve1962
    ScubaSteve1962 Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    jvs125 wrote: »
    Oh and by the way, good luck with your question.. I asked the same one 10 days ago and got my head chewed off because I was thinking of exercising when clearly I should have been in bed eating ice cream and donuts because life ends when you have pain in a joint..

(LOL) After my cast came off, I finished my scuba certification in Hawaii, and went on a dive trip to Jamaica, I was going to make the best of my time off :-)
  • sasklilly
    sasklilly Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Lol thanks! Pilates sounds great! And yes I was told to take it easy but I figured as long as im not jumping on a single leg... I should be good :)
  • shabaity
    shabaity Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I did mma on a sprain 6 months ago just get a really good brace you should be fine. Nerd fitness has some good ones.
  • sasklilly
    sasklilly Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yea my ankle is all good now.. only been a week but I can rotate it and do jumping jacks... and jump squats... without injury... thanks all for your tips!!