I'm back

Options
Huskeryogi
Huskeryogi Posts: 578 Member
After a 2 year hiatus where I maintained most of my weight loss, the past 6 months I've been consistently traveling for work and gained 20 lbs. The travel is going to last another year so I need to incorporate some new strategies to stop gaining and hopefully lose some weight.

Anyone with travel food ideas would be great, but I'd really like to find some active MFP friends.

Replies

• Horrorfox
    Horrorfox Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    What kind of traveling? Driving, train, plane, submarine?

Use a crock pot, make a bunch of food. Weigh it, and separate into containers, eat at a deficit. Spend an hour 3x a week exercising. Stretch a lot to counteract all that sitting you do traveling.

Feel free to add me as a friend, and welcome back!
  • RAFREGROB
    RAFREGROB Posts: 25 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Sympathy with you. I got a new job 6 months ago that involves a lot of travel and staying in hotels. Gained so much weight, now need to lose 30lbs to get back where I was happy and fit. Add me and if we find some solutions would be good to share.
  • Huskeryogi
    Huskeryogi Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Horrorfox wrote: »
    What kind of traveling? Driving, train, plane, submarine?

Use a crock pot, make a bunch of food. Weigh it, and separate into containers, eat at a deficit. Spend an hour 3x a week exercising. Stretch a lot to counteract all that sitting you do traveling.

Feel free to add me as a friend, and welcome back!

All driving travel - this year will all be within 3.5 hours of home so I'm not struggling with car ride snacking too bad (although my Mtn Dew habit has to go).

The crockpot is a good idea. I'll check the setup in the hotel room this week. I've actually already a planned week one from online restaurant menus w/calorie info first week shouldn't be too bad, I'm trying to plan ahead.
  • slks320
    slks320 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yep! Traveling food packs on lbs quick. I just got back from NY and if it wasn't for all the walking I would be sitting at probably 5 more pounds. Getting back to work and school grind may also present a challenge and hot weather cooking limits options for bulk cooking. Any cold cooking bulk suggestions that travel and pack easy that aren't carrot and celery sticks???
  • shazland
    shazland Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Huskeryogi wrote: »
    After a 2 year hiatus where I maintained most of my weight loss, the past 6 months I've been consistently traveling for work and gained 20 lbs. The travel is going to last another year so I need to incorporate some new strategies to stop gaining and hopefully lose some weight.

Anyone with travel food ideas would be great, but I'd really like to find some active MFP friends.

Hi There - I've just started coming on MFP the last couple of days and I'm looking for active members to add as friends, so please feel free to add me. I lost loads of weight using this site but have put most of it back on again in the last six months ;-(. Losing weight whilst travelling is difficult!! Do the hotels you stay in have GYM's?