Anemic and tired!

Options
About a month ago I went to the emergency room with very high blood pressure, 185/105! I always run about 110/64 give or take 5 points. They gave me some thing to bring it down. They kept asking "who is your cardiologist?" I don't have one, I don't have high blood pressure. I have always been very healthy. They tell me I'm anemic and send me on my way.

I go to an internist 5 days later. My blood pressure had been coming down all week. Now back up again, this is stress related. She has me start taking it at home. Returns to normal. My pulse is high but is coming down the longer I take an iron supplement. I go in for a check up 3 weeks later. My ferritin level is a 2.2! She says I'm very anemic. I have been very tired. I had a hard time walking up a flight of stairs. I'm in pretty good shape and the rest of my blood work is very good. How long will it take my iron levels to return to normal? Is that what sent my Bp out of whack?

I need to have a fibroid removed and they will not do that until my numbers return. Is a ferritin level really low? I would like a normal energy level to return. I would like to start working out again. I would like to lose 15 pounds before surgery. I'm afraid they will have to take my uterus and I may have a hard time getting to my goal weight after. However, the doctor said after I am not anemic and have the fibroid remove.....I will be very healthy.

So I need some advice! Please

Replies

• Biologynut
    Biologynut Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Oh, I'm not working out right now but I do get 9,000 to 12,000 steps per day. Any suggestions or has anybody else been through this?
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Did they not give you ferrous fermarate or ferrous sulphate? If not buy your self some to pull your iron levels back up.
  • Biologynut
    Options
    Ferrous sulfate 325mg at least twice a day, three times a day if I can.
  • Biologynut
    Options
    With vitamin c
  • Biologynut
    Options
    Moved
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    Take that, and if you start getting stopped up before your iron levels are normal, add a stool softener. :)