Another husband Grrr

Options
fteale
fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
Feb - husband "you are getting too thin."

March - husband "you still have some back fat, you could lose some more."
me "I thought you said I was getting too thin"
husband "that was a joke"

Today - "Your legs are getting too thin, you have a gap at the top, it's creepy."

Can't. Win.

Replies

• HilarieXcore
    HilarieXcore Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    That's pretty crappy :(
    I wiish I had that gap at the top of my thighs.
  • khrys1
    khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Maybe a good smack would help! Or at least help you feel better! ;o) Just keep doing what you know you need to do! I get the same thing from my mom- if I'm chubby, I'm very unhealthy and need to lose weight, and if I lose weight, I'm suddenly anorexic and she's concerned. Sigh...
  • aliciadpo
    aliciadpo Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    huh???
    Well, you're getting healthy and there's no such thing as getting "too healthy" - the looks are just a bonus. A bonus which he has the pleasure of seeing everyday because you are beautiful. Nothing creepy at all about you taking care of yourself :) Keep doing what you're doing
    Don't show him if you're upset. If he makes another comment, I would just laugh - "oh sweetie, you're so silly" lol
  • runnermel
    runnermel Posts: 278
    Options
    unless your husband is perfect ( and we all know that is not possible), then I would tell him that I would let him know when I wanted his opinion!!! and in the mean time, to back off!!! but that is just me...
  • aliciadpo
    aliciadpo Posts: 69 Member
    Options

I know, right??? Genetics prevent me from ever having that gap between my legs. Oh how I long for that "gap"
  • fteale
    Options
    Maybe a good smack would help! Or at least help you feel better! ;o) Just keep doing what you know you need to do! I get the same thing from my mom- if I'm chubby, I'm very unhealthy and need to lose weight, and if I lose weight, I'm suddenly anorexic and she's concerned. Sigh...

Oh yes, I get it from my mother too. After I had my first son she kept telling me I was dangerously overweight (at 150 lbs). Now I have started running and lost some weight I am too thin (at 140 lbs).
  • fteale
    Options

I know, right??? Genetics prevent me from ever having that gap between my legs. Oh how I long for that "gap"

I honestly didn't think I ever would, I have really narrow, boyish hips (36 inches at the moment, and still have plenty of flab to lose), but running has really toned up my thighs, and suddenly it's there! Even though I was 20 lbs lighter than I am now when we got married, I didn't have it back then.
  • mistyboggs
    mistyboggs Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I have a husband just like that.
    At one point I had to tell him I didn't need his help counting calories.
    Just ignore it, you know your body better than anyone, unless he is saying, "Oh baby, you are beautiful," the extra input is unnecesary. i truly think they think they are helping, but it can totally crush me at times. Don't get discouraged!
  • fteale
    Options
    I think the problem is he works in the sports industry, so he spends all day with sportswear models or at least photos of them, and surrounded by elite athletes. Most of his co-workers are semi-pro cyclists or runners, so he is torn between comparing me to them (I am fatter), and comparing me to me 5 months ago (I am thinner).
  • angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    That's sad. He should just be happy that you are taking initiative and trying to be healthier and look better.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Today - "Your legs are getting too thin, you have a gap at the top, it's creepy."

Sounds as though someone has lost his visitor's pass for the 'gap'. :blushing: :explode:
  • fteale
    Options
    That's sad. He should just be happy that you are taking initiative and trying to be healthier and look better.

In some ways he is happy. He gives me all my workout clothes and shoes. He brings me stuff from work (clothes, nutrition samples etc) all the time. Though I haven't seen that HRM I've been rooting for for a few weeks. He's just one of those people who is 100% honest all the time and doesn't always think before he speaks.
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I like seeing a gap at the top! I think it is very sexy!
  • wsheaf82
    wsheaf82 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I like seeing a gap at the top! I think it is very sexy!

I strongly agree. I am a fan of the gap.
  • lisa3605
    lisa3605 Posts: 7
    Options
    I don't even know what to say. What a dumb *kitten*. I would give my husband a back-hander if anything like that ever came out of his mouth. He should know better.
  • mamijujuphat
    mamijujuphat Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Well it sounds like you're making excuses for him as to the why he says those things....the fact that he works around those athletes doesn't give him an excuse to try to compare you to them...& you say he's one of those people who doesn't think before he speaks...well you should be one of the people who voice out how they feel....& obviously it's gotta be bothering you to some extent if you're making a small rant about it....so let him know how some of those things he says make you feel...& bottom line.... all about you & how you feel about yourself..