Last Time You Hurt Yourself ?

Options
Some how I hurt my arm and wrist playing backyard badminton today with the fam. It hurt my wrist to move it, and I had to wear a wrap brace around my hand and wrist. A lot better now, but I can't hold anything in my right hand because I'm afraid to drop it and I have like not much strength in my right arm from serving almost the entire time.

Replies

• rumijs
    rumijs Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Severely? I was 7 and fell off a bed backwards and my hand folded back on my wrist :s

Less severely? Rolled ankle running a year ago. I've been pretty lucky avoiding major injury.

Get well soon!

• shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    About 3 months ago.Against my better judgment, I Did swari waza hanmi handachi tantodori yokomenuchi gokyo and sprained a meniscus in my right knee. The same one that I had torn about 4 years go.

Translation: Someone attacked me with a knife slash to the side of the head while I was sitting on my knees and I took her down, disarmed and pinned her all while still on my knees.

It took a few weeks ,and a visit to the chiropractor, for that to get better and the resulting heavy limp created some sort of strain injury to my left achilles tendon, which is still kinda sore.

I no longer do any kneeling techniques.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I landed a jump with too straight a leg and my ACL tore a chunk of bone out of my tibia. I freaked out completely. I've never had a broken bone, or much of a real injury before, and this is one you're supposed to have when you're eight.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    not majorly since i was a kid.

pulled a muscle in my arm earlier this year. took a good 6 weeks or more to heal to where I no longer felt any pain.

• yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Sprained my foot. It become swollen to cartoonish proportions. Whilst waiting for the x-ray, the A&E doctor gave me co-codamol because he was convinced it was broken, which made me a bit loopy.

I did it literally just stepping out of my front door and landing awkwardly. I wish I had a more athletic-sounding or adventurous story.
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    A couple months ago I wasn't paying enough attention while riding my bike. I dropped the front wheel off the edge of the asphalt. I fell off and landed with all my weight on my knee. My leggings protected me from breaking much skin, but my knee swelled pretty impressively for a couple of days and turned some very interesting colors for a couple of weeks.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I'm hurt right now. It sucks. I overdid it on the treadmill a few weeks ago and my calf muscles haven't recovered since. They're extremely tight and sore, despite a lot of stretching :( I'm hoping it will be better after my vacation, but I still plan to walk and use the hotel treadmills, so we'll see...
  • Butt_Kiss
    Butt_Kiss Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Last year I was competing at a high jump event and it was raining i slipped busted my head open and got 12 stiches 2 weeks later i won the nationals and two events with the national team so for me the lesson is what doesnt kill you makes you stronger
  • nanc24u
    nanc24u Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been walking regularly for about 2 months so I thought all was good. But last week I went on a 6 mile walk and by the time I got home I could no longer but any pressure on that leg. The knee pain in unbelieveable. I have my knee wrapped and I am using a cane to get around. But was wondering if anybody knows should I not push myself and rest it as much as possible or just push through the pain and exercise it anyway. I am trying so hard to lose the pounds and now this set back is really discouraging.
  • illuvatree
    illuvatree Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    The January before this past one, I slipped on ice as I was getting into my car and fell out of it, twisting my leg and knee. It hurt like hell. And it's happened before! It happened once when I was in high school. Same way - getting into my car and slipping on ice. So this didn't happen while I was exercising but it definitely affected my ability to exercise for awhile :(
  • shor0814
    shor0814 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Tore my quad while squatting back in February. Not sure how I did it but it was a warmup set where I felt a sharp pain then nothing out of the ordinary. I finished the workout because it didn't hurt until a couple hours later when I couldn't move my leg due to the swelling and bleeding.
  • maxit
    maxit Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    nanc24u wrote: »
    I have been walking regularly for about 2 months so I thought all was good. But last week I went on a 6 mile walk and by the time I got home I could no longer but any pressure on that leg. The knee pain in unbelieveable. I have my knee wrapped and I am using a cane to get around. But was wondering if anybody knows should I not push myself and rest it as much as possible or just push through the pain and exercise it anyway. I am trying so hard to lose the pounds and now this set back is really discouraging.

If it's still this bad a week later you need to see a doctor. I would not push through the pain. Once you get a diagnosis and are on the proper mend, check your footwear - it may not be supporting you adequately (if your ankles over or under pronate, that will stress your knees majorly). Good luck.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Just over a year ago. 2 dislocated ribs from racking back pipe while my Derrick hand shook the top of the pipe to give it more to swing and kick against me. Worked for 3 more days haha
  • Train4Foodz
    Train4Foodz Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Around a year ago, I went for a run and tripped just as I was getting home! (didn't feel to be as 'bad' as it was at the time.

It turned out hat I had a badly broken bone in my foot.

(There was also another possible reason for above broken bone, but I prefer to think that it was as the result of a really good run rather than a daft night out after said run that I remember very little of but woke up in the bathtub the following afternoon - Doh!!)..

Either way, I was out of action for any serious exercise for a few months!
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    About 2 years ago when I was street Inline Skating and fell due to a rock getting caught in my skate wheels. I tore my hamstring muscle and had road burns on my arms and legs.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    Frequently. Trying to build up strength in my shoulders without too much damage.
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    About 2 weeks ago at the company picnic. There was an inflatable bounce obstacle course and I was flying through that thing landing with an arched back so I could quickly get through a tunnel. Did that 10 times and now my spine hurts when I overhead press =/
  • Drewlssix
    Drewlssix Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I tend to be prone to rolling my ankles.

But recently the right side of my neck has been killing me. It's something that has bothered me a few times since I first hurt it and my back as a mover. Got tired and lazy and let my self get into a very bad shape near the end of a job.
  • ThatMouse
    ThatMouse Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I gave myself Runner's Knee and Jumper's Knee almost two years ago, now. It's mostly better and I can run and do all my other things no worries, but I wear one of those knee straps or KT Tape while running just in case. I don't know if I can do without for a long distance, but I figure I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Also, Wednesday of last week I must've done something as my left quad and IT band are ridiculously tight and tender. It makes me very angry that I've just switched to a gym with a righteous amount of squat racks and I can't use them for fear of blowing my leg out.

Hopefully by next week it'll be all set to get going on SL again.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    Just over 9 months ago - on a 2nd date and broke my ankle!! Had extensive surgery leaving me with a plate and 9 screws and still limp slightly if I sit too long and get up. Finally getting back to jogging, but it will never be the same most likely (doc words not mine).