Anemic

Options
Reposted! About a month ago I went to the emergency room with very high blood pressure, 185/105! I always run about 110/64 give or take 5 points. They gave me some thing to bring it down. They kept asking "who is your cardiologist?" I don't have one, I don't have high blood pressure. I have always been very healthy. They tell me I'm anemic and send me on my way.

I go to an internist 5 days later. My blood pressure had been coming down all week. Now back up again, this is stress related. She has me start taking it at home. Returns to normal. My pulse is high but is coming down the longer I take an iron supplement. I'm on ferr iron 2-3 times per day, 325mg with vitamin c. I go in for a check up 3 weeks later. My ferritin level is a 2.2! She says I'm very anemic. I have been very tired. I had a hard time walking up a flight of stairs. I'm in pretty good shape and the rest of my blood work is very good. How long will it take my iron levels to return to normal? Is that what sent my Bp out of whack?

I need to have a fibroid removed and they will not do that until my numbers return. Is a ferritin level really low? I would like a normal energy level to return. I would like to start working out again. I am getting my 9000-1200 steps per day. I would like to lose 15 pounds before surgery. I'm afraid they will have to take my uterus and I may have a hard time getting to my goal weight after. However, the doctor said after I am not anemic and have the fibroid remove.....I will be very healthy.

So I need some advice! Please

Replies

• Zedeff
    Zedeff Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Inappropriate post. Make an appointment with your doctor for medical advice.
  • Biologynut
    Biologynut Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Zedeff wrote: »
    Inappropriate post. Make an appointment with your doctor for medical advice.

Did you read my post? I have been to the doctor a few times! Read the post! I was looking to find somebody who has been through this. Again, read the post!
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    The questions you're asking about iron levels returning to normal and if that sent your BP out of whack are best answered by your doctor. My low iron levels have not affected my BP, but I have no idea if that could happen.
    Here's a link from the Mayo Clinic on normal ranges for blood work and what they mean:
    http://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/complete-blood-count/basics/results/PRC-20014088

For weight-loss prior to your surgery, use MFP, set the weight-loss goal to .5 pounds/week and go by the calorie allotment provided from the information you provide. Measure all liquids and weigh all your solid foods on a scale to make sure your logging is on track.
  • Zedeff
    Zedeff Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Is my ferritin low? When will my energy return/anemia resolve? Will they have to remove my uterus? How long until my iron levels are normal? Did my anemia raise my blood pressure?

These are all medical questions for your doctor that I extracted from reading the post. Nobody here can answer them for you.