Weight in hips and thighs

Options
Hello all! I am approximately 65 lbs overweight and almost all of it is in my hips, butt, and thighs. I feel really self conscious wearing workout pants because you can see every roll. I Zumba 6 hours a week but need ideas on weight training for legs! All help is appreciated. ☺️

Replies

• Faithful_Chosen
    Faithful_Chosen Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, you can't target an area of your body with exersize and loose weight at that spot. Your body looses weight all over--and usually it deals with the fat on our 'trouble areas' last :wink: Mind your calories and it'll go away eventually--well, most of it.
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, you can't spot reduce and pick areas that you can target to tone faster than other areas. I have found that for me, eating at a calorie deficit and running has helped me to shed inches all over including my waist hips and thighs. I am not a fast runner by any means, but I started a couple months ago by running a half mile everyday and now do a mile everyday. I have lost two inches off of my waist, an inch and a half from my hips, and an inch each from my thighs. I also do some strength training a couple days a week which consists of kettlebell work, some squats, tricep dips, and lunges to help keep muscles instead of being flabby.
  • nonnahs123
    nonnahs123 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies!
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Yay hips and thighs! They're the healthiest place to carry extra weight, while you're losing it. I put it there too. Don't worry about dressing for your workout. Just keep exercising and eating right. It's nobody's business if you have some weight to lose.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Just stick to your deficit. Weight training for the entire body, not just legs, is beneficial because it allows you to hold on to more lean body mass while in a deficit, and will help the appearance of your thighs as you get closer to goal weight. I understand. I went from 44 inch hips to 38, and 26 inch thighs to about 23 with about a 33 lb loss. Still lots of fat there but my goodness is it easier to dress now.