Saggyandbaggy's success story with pictures

Options
saggyandbaggy
saggyandbaggy Posts: 138 Member

Here I am, nearly 11 months later, having reached my target and lost over 128 lbs. I have been brave and taken some pictures – I usually avoid the camera like the plague!
I have been very fat for a good number of years and must admit to being quite uncontrolled in my eating. If I wanted it, I had it was basically my food rule! I reached the grand old age of 52 and was struggling with damaged knees, huffing and puffing when walking and getting used to being ‘the fattest one’ in any work or social situation. I am not sure what prompted me to start looking at my diet, but decided I was ready to ‘do something’ in mid-July 2014. I weighed 320 lbs then.
I started logging everything that went into my mouth and saw the weight begin to drop off. For me, the best way to manage the calories was to have little or no breakfast, small lunch and then to look forward to a bigger dinner. I eat vast quantities of vegetables (all logged) so I can sit throughout the evening feeling full!
I haven’t gone over my daily calorie total (1200) at all – except for 4 days at Christmas and 10 days away on holiday which I had planned to do! Yes, I gained a lot when not logging but I got back on track as planned and I must say the weight came off again reasonably quickly. The worst time was January when I had a 3-4 week plateau (thanks MFP friends for your support over this time – you know who you are)… but things began moving again and I reached my original target of 196 lbs a few weeks ago. I have decided to go a little further and see how things feel! I know 196 lbs is still over weight but wanted a balance between weight loss and the baggy loose skin I knew would be a problem (as I have been fat for so long and am quite old!!).
The best thing about the weight loss? Feeling normal in a crowd, shopping in normal shops, buying a completely new wardrobe and the comments from colleagues….. Yes, my knees are still bad, damage was done, but I guess they won’t deteriorate so much now. I can’t do much in the way of exercise but I prove that you can do it by diet alone. I thought I would write this to encourage those who feel they have such a long journey ahead that it seems impossible, those who may never get a beach ready body but to say …. if you don’t like where you are, then you need to do something different!!
Pictures taken a few months after starting (I would recommend taking one when you start) and today!

180ajxpkv8qd.jpg
lkid6mirssxu.jpg
wby2ht919adl.jpg
p96xiwu6372d.jpg

Replies

• KateTii
    KateTii Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You're not only looking much healthier but looking younger too!
  • Jillish23
    Jillish23 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Fantastic effort! You look so much younger and I bet you feel so as well? I don't like to use the term 'inspirational" loosely but I feel it is deserved! I like your no nonsense approach to it - no fads, just logging. I think a lot of MFP users will take a great deal from your post. :)

P.S. I think you may need to change your username! ;)
  • bibimazoon
    bibimazoon Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! And not so baggy OR saggy! Wow! Congrats!

I'm 54 and just had both my knees replaced, my mobility and strength is one million times better! Im constantly amazed at the things I can do now with no pain!
    Consider seeing an orthopedic surgeon :)
  • mmghanna1
    mmghanna1 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    You look great! Much healthier and you do look younger! You should be extremely proud of your success :)
  • Chance535
    Chance535 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    You look amazing and also younger.
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Awesome job and congratulations on your weight loss! Thank you for sharing your story :)
  • JennasJourneytoFitness
    JennasJourneytoFitness Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration!!! You look fantastic
  • tjwilliam1
    tjwilliam1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Wow! What an inspiration. I have over 100 to lose as well. You look great!
  • Mmachi99
    Mmachi99 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Oh hun, been expecting to see changes but these are incredible, they just made me cry, (for joy), seeing the efforts actually makes it all worth it, you rock hun, YOU ROCK in a beautiful, younger and heathier body. love you..hugs!!! <3:* ***!!!

• jennifermi
    jennifermi Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    So appreciate you taking the time to post this. What an inspiration for so many on here. Amazing job!
  • erinbear33
    erinbear33 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Oh wow!!! What an amazing story and transformation. Inspiring. Your dedication is amazing, and I am so proud of you.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    That was a lot of hard work and it shows from your pictures. Congrats!
  • p444cod41
    p444cod41 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    You look great!like everyone else says years younger..well done on your hard work
  • saggyandbaggy
    saggyandbaggy Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all your kind comments!
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Wow! You are a walking miracle. Nice job with your health.
  • lmhump
    lmhump Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look fantastic!
    Great job and THANK YOU for posting. Pics and stories like yours are very inspiring
  • Trayjay33
    Trayjay33 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful, congratulations!
  • janeh4442
    janeh4442 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congratulations-you look great!!!
    Can't have been easy x
    And love the user name by the way- although not appropriate to you now
  • galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Amazing and congratulations
  • lynlen
    lynlen Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Well done!! You look great
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!