Tone Up

Options
Hi Im a healthy weight but i want to get toned and gain some muscles any advie and tips would be greatfull

Replies

• chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Strength training will tone you up. :)
  • living_4_me
    living_4_me Posts: 38
    Options
    Find a kettlebell instructor/class and do it three times a week and you will be amazed at the results.
  • erikalynne
    erikalynne Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I find that taking cardio + weights classes at 24-hour fitness really works for me. One of my favorite classes is 24SET which combines strength endurance and training with weights, steps and then some exercises like lunges and mat work.

I would definitely combine cardio with weights whether it's with free weights or weight machines. I was just doing cardio for awhile and didn't see a difference. Once I included some weight lifting my muscles came out way too quickly..now I'm trying to ease off heavier weights so my calves don't explode!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Any kind of resistance training will tone you up. You can use the weight of your own body, use weights, or use resistance bands (cords) - the choice is yours.

Body weight exercises: push ups, pull ups, planks, sit ups, (some types of) yoga, pilates, barre (ballet) ..... lots to choose from. I like to do pilates with a resistance band.

Weights - dumbbells, barbells, kettlebells, nautalis equipment at a gym ... whatever you like

You can combine aerobics & strength training in one workout - look for "circuit training" Happy hunting!