working out macro's please help

Options
I'm 128lb goal 112lb
5ft 3inch
BF24% goal 18%

I want to lose body fat and retain muscle but am struggling to find a starting ratio for my macro's

I went on a bodybuilding website and they recommened 35p 25c 40f but am still confused as to weather this is right for the goals I have in mind.

can I have some advise please as am new to macros and the new lifestyle change im about to take and don't want to be de motivated and stressed before I start. thanks.

Replies

• akp4Him
    akp4Him Posts: 227
    Options
    Bump....curious to hear what others have to say
  • swankylil
    swankylil Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    as a starting point I have decided to have 1200 calories and with a ratio of 40c 30p 30f.

but like I have said if anyone has some advice and what they think would be the best ratio's to help me lose body fat I would love to hear them.

I am a single parent, so when my child is at school I workout at the gym 2-3 times a week (60 min cardio then 45 min core, dumbbell and machine weights) plus 1.5hr walk 5 times a week
    then during the holidays I do fitness dvd's 2- 3 times a week.

im just so confused with the mass of info that if it were just given to me in plain simple terms I wouldn't be so confused thanks.
  • brooksie_cat
    brooksie_cat Posts: 2 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I work as a carpenter and train in judo, so I burn and take in a lot of calories. But I've always found 40p40c20f has worked the best. The ratios work well because I'm so active, and it sounds like you are to. Lean protein, lots of greens and don't skip out on your carbs.
    Cheers and Good Luck
  • Btbeam
    Btbeam Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I would agree that 40p 40c 20f is the right combination.
  • chartigan81
    chartigan81 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You should try the dolce diet. Might I add its not a diet. All earth grown nutrients. There is a 3 week plan called 3 weeks to shredded. If you don't want to buy any advice. Try his podcast called the mike dolce show. He has a weekly Q&A on Twitter and face book. A lot of free advice. Good luck
  • NeeruamRuee
    NeeruamRuee Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Iifym.com go to the calculator it has an option to loose body fat and gain muscle it will give you your own personal macros