Vegetarian high protein

Options
DCSKULL
DCSKULL Posts: 15 Member
Hi I am vegetarian and I need recipes that are high in protein low cal. Thanks.

Replies

• theraja79
    theraja79 Posts: 19 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Good question, I would also be interested. I use lentils and whole milk yogurt a lot. But also find it difficult to actually reach the protein goal without going over.
  • jeweidanz
    jeweidanz Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Any beans usually have 7 grams per 1/2 cp. Boiled edamame, contains 8.4 grams of protein per half cup. Nuts and seeds are good too. I also yse a protein shake that has 10 grams and a bar that has 20. Both from Melaleuca.
  • DCSKULL
    DCSKULL Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks
  • esmesqualor
    esmesqualor Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    DCSKULL wrote: »
    You'd be surprised how much protein is in whole grains, seeds, and legumes. I personally think the American diet is a bit too high in protein. About .8 of a gram per lb of body weight is a healthy amount of protein for "normal" folks (not pregnant, lactating, or heavy training). I have seen sights that recommend 2g per lb but unless you are a triathlete or do regular, serious heavy lifting this is very bad for your body. I make a lot of curries using a variety of vegetables and beans or lentils and serve it with a whole grain and a green salad with some seeds or nuts. I also try to eat soaked chia and flax fairly regular, good protein and great for getting Omega 3s!
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I recently got this from Costco. I think it tastes nasty in a shaker but it's fine if blended:
    yhlwtmgs8vct.jpg
  • MangoesAndTea
    MangoesAndTea Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    DCSKULL wrote: »

Careful with nuts and some legumes, they're often super high in fats in large quantities
  • cbirkman
    cbirkman Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Have you tried quinoa?